Aaarrrghh!
Aaarrrghh! I HATE ROUTERS!

That is all. Carry on.
You can give them to me, that would solve your problem.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Join the; "The Special Alliance of American Router haters club" - they can help. 

Wink
I have a file cabinet full of "woodworking mistakes".  One complete drawer is dedicated to "freehand router".
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
I seem to collect routers.
Rolleyes
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I got that T-shirt years ago.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
It's not the routers, it's the bits.  The routers themselves are very safe, it's only when loaded with those sharp-edged bits that they become dangerous . . . 
Rolleyes
Laugh
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
OK Hank, what happened?
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(12-15-2018, 08:21 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: OK Hank, what happened?
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek

Hi, Derek.

I needed to rout 1/4" X 1/4" grooves in the bottom 8" of the front feet of the desk I'm building. The French foot assembly I'm using is complicated and the grooves need to be perfect. The feet taper from about 1 1/2" to about 1" at the bottom. The first one went well, but the router tipped and the fence puled away from the edge on the second one and the groove went awry. I tried to fix it, but that was a mistake. It just got worse. I thought I'd ruined a month's work and about $500 worth of 5/4 wide walnut. But, after sleeping on it, I think I can salvage it. Epoxy may be my friend - I hope.
Thanks for asking.
(12-15-2018, 11:14 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Hi, Derek.

I needed to rout 1/4" X 1/4" grooves in the bottom 8" of the front feet of the desk I'm building. The French foot assembly I'm using is complicated and the grooves need to be perfect. The feet taper from about 1 1/2" to about 1" at the bottom. The first one went well, but the router tipped and the fence puled away from the edge on the second one and the groove went awry. I tried to fix it, but that was a mistake. It just got worse. I thought I'd ruined a month's work and about $500 worth of 5/4 wide walnut. But, after sleeping on it, I think I can salvage it. Epoxy may be my friend - I hope.
Thanks for asking.

Can you glue in a filler strip? Then re-rout or, if that seems risky, use hand tools.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com