3 hp Cabinet saw
after all your responses to my Hybrid saw post ,I have decided to go ahead and put a 220 circuit in my shop and buy a 3 hp cabinet saw . I intend to use my Incra TS-LS fence so the fence that comes with the saw isn't that important . 

Looking for opinions on brands and models and best bang for the buck .
I see 2 options.

Used.

Sawstop.

But that is just my practical, non-political, view.
Where are you located?  I may have a good old Unisaw to sell.
                   Howard
If I was looking for a good used saw, I wouldn't be brand specific. It has more to do with the condition of the machine for sale. As long as the bones of the saw are in good shape, the rest can be fixed. There are some wonderful stories on here and over at OWWM about machine rehabs.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(12-15-2018, 09:10 AM)Buckhunter Wrote: after all your responses to my Hybrid saw post ,I have decided to go ahead and put a 220 circuit in my shop and buy a 3 hp cabinet saw . I intend to use my Incra TS-LS fence so the fence that comes with the saw isn't that important . 

Looking for opinions on brands and models and best bang for the buck .

You were given quite a bit of information about cabinet saws in the other thread. The "best bang for your buck" is clearly going to be a good used cabinet saw. They can be found routinely on Craigslist, your local community bulletin board, Ebay, newspaper ads, etc. etc. I don't know of a brand that sells 3 HP cabinet saws that has a bad reputation. Delta, Jet, Powermatic, General, SawStop and Grizzly (in no particular order) are the brands that come to mind first.

If safety is important to you in a new 3 HP cabinet saw, nothing currently matches the SawStop 3 HP PCS IMO (see it on their web site). I have had one for several years now and it performs flawlessly. It replaced my 3 HP Unisaw and is probably the last tablesaw I'll ever buy. This saw costs a little more than the others, but nothing like a trip to the emergency room would cost, notwithstanding the extent of the injury to finger(s), hand, other extremities.

HTH,

Doug
I cannot and should not suggest that you should look for an Euriopean saw because they are just too rare over there........ but if you by chance stumble on one while searching for a Delta Unisaw or Powermatic 66 then take a very close look at it.
European cabinet saws from the better makers are usually significantly stronger built than their American counterparts. Many also have a small sliding table of one sort or another........... so don't dismiss a cheap Rolls Royce because you are too focused on finding a good Chevrolet!

Wadkin-Bursgreen and Stenberg and Rapid and Ejca are among the best cabinet saws in Europe. There are many more.
Unfortunately many Wadkin-Bursgreen AGS 10 and AGs 12 saws lack a riving knife. Especially those built for the American market rarely had it. Due to the design it is a bit complicated to make a good riving knife mount for an AGS...... but lots of people have done it and gotten very good saws rather cheap.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
(12-15-2018, 10:02 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: Where are you located?  I may have a good old Unisaw to sell.
                   Howard

south central illinois
Anyone familiar with the Grizzly G1023RL
(12-15-2018, 02:01 PM)Buckhunter Wrote: Anyone familiar with the Grizzly G1023RL

I bought one when they were first introduced.  I don't remember the year.  It replaced my 1970's Unisaw.  Couldn't be happier.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Great saw. But if you buy New, get a sawstop.

No reason not to.