Chisels profile pics
(01-03-2019, 10:36 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: I'm interested in what you learn about the Pfeil chisels.  They seem to get mixed reviews.  I am considering them as a secondary set.

Don't know what your "primary" set is, but the conclusion I am coming to is that the Pfeils are in the same league ( vanadium steel ) as the newer Stanleys. They do ok in paring and  little chopping, but the A2 of the Nielsens have a better price point vs performance in chopping. I would expect the Nielsens and Blue Spruce to hold up about the same, but those fluted handles on the Spruce are my favorites. I was leaning toward the Veritas for the steel, but they were out of stock the last time I checked. Not to mention the $30.00 per chisel more in cost. So a future purchase. For now, I'll just keep drooling.
BontzSawWorks.net