Woodsmith's edge sander plans!
...just scored a 220V, 1725rpm, 2hp motor from my FIL.

So, yeah, this is gonna happen.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-23-2018, 10:28 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: ...just scored a 220V, 1725rpm, 2hp motor from my FIL.  

So, yeah, this is gonna happen.

Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-23-2018, 08:03 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. Identical except for the switch and paint color.
I'd like to have full belt coverage. I think modifying the brackets under the table (maybe hinged) would give it the full tilt/angle.
I changed mine to 220V. Just a switch change was all that it needed, + a wiring change under the motor cover.
It came wired 120V

Based on my experience modifying the brackets under the table with piano style hinges would allow the flexibility to cover the entire belt.  Actually I might do that also, it seems to be a pretty simple and inexpensive modification.
(12-16-2018, 12:12 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: (calls for a 1hp, 3450rpm, 56 motor)

(12-23-2018, 10:28 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: ...just scored a 220V, 1725rpm, 2hp motor from my FIL.  

Soooooooooo, which speed is the correct speed?  
Confused 

3450 rpm sounds kind of fast even for a relatively small roller diameter.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(12-24-2018, 09:28 AM)TDKPE Wrote: Soooooooooo, which speed is the correct speed?  
Confused 

3450 rpm sounds kind of fast even for a relatively small roller diameter.

I have a belt/disc sander that came out of a school.  It was 3 phase so I put a VFD on it.  I've been running that sander at between 1000 and 1500 rpm with great success.  It removes wood adequately, but is a heck of a lot more controllable.

It looks to me like cutting the speed in half would be a good starting point.
I'm in Florida, so I don't have the magazine with me, but I think it called for a ~1725 motor.

Dunno why I originally posted the 3400 speed.
Semper fi,
Brad