Unisaw tops interchangeable?
Anybody know whether the tops (the central part, not just the wings) are interchangeable on Unisaws from various ages? Particulary interested in older (roughly pre 1990's) versions.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
I don't remember which ( and too lazy to get up and look), but some have the "t" ground into the miter slot and some don't.

Consider this a bump
(12-17-2018, 08:54 AM)imapseudonym Wrote: Anybody know whether the tops (the central part, not just the wings) are interchangeable on Unisaws from various ages? Particulary interested in older (roughly pre 1990's) versions.

See the attached URL for the differences in the old style top and the new.  The new style top requires the new style front trunnion bracket for the top to fit correctly.  The photo shows a modification that can be made to the new style table to allow it to fit a saw with the old style FTB.

http://www.owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=...ion+DESIGN

Greg
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Thanks! Very helpful.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
the interchangeable  tops answer is a qualified yes.  It may take about 30 minutes to an hour of annoying fitting and grinding relief with an angle grinder, but its do-able.