Looking for photo app to use here.
Having trouble posting photos for this forum. The apps I use for everything else work fine. It's just this forum where I have trouble. I have been through the "Questions about Forum Features" threads elsewhere here. Nothing seems to be working for me and I haven't a clue what to do next.

So ................ I am open to suggestions on what other people here are using. The simpler the better, but I would also appreciate any comments about how much secondary "garbage," ads, and promotions you get; and any security issues you have with the app. There are a couple apps I thought were good until I looked into the privacy policies and they seemed to have their nose into anything and everything that crosses your computer, cell phone, etc.

Almost forget a key word ..... FREE app.

Thanks for any and all input and suggestions.

-Al (wood2woodknot)

Al,
If you keep your pictures under 100kb you can post them directly to the forum. I used to use photobucket but once they started charging I quit. I haven't really had a need to use another hosting site. If you're an Amazon Prime member you can host them there. Flickr is one I see people mention from time to time but I have no experience with it.
When Photobucket started charging big $$$ to host photos online, I switched to Flickr. It's user friendly and free.
I use Google Photos.  Free and NO ads.  And it's easy to use as long as I use Firefox to copy the photo location.  For some reason it won't work with Microsoft Edge, or at least I can't figure out how.  

John
I just upload them to this site.  If they're too big, I resize using MS Office Picture Manager, which is part of Office.  Takes seconds to reduce it to a smaller size, then upload to this site.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Load em to here. I use Easy Thumbnails to reduce if necessary. Most times it's not necessary.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I too left Photobucket, good riddance.   I use SMUGMUG easy to use, free, or cheap for tons of storage.   Smugmug will post the size of pic you choose, at the time you post it.  Nothing simpler to use.  Just a happy camper.
Big Grin
(12-18-2018, 03:40 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Having trouble posting photos for this forum. The apps I use for everything else work fine. It's just this forum where I have trouble. I have been through the "Questions about Forum Features" threads elsewhere here. Nothing seems to be working for me and I  haven't a clue what to do next.

So ................ I am open to suggestions on what other people here are using. The simpler the better, but I would also appreciate any comments about how much secondary "garbage," ads, and promotions you get; and any security issues you have with the app. There are a couple apps I thought were good until I looked into the privacy policies and they seemed to have their nose into anything and everything that crosses your computer, cell phone, etc.

Almost forget a key word ..... FREE app.

Thanks for any and all input and suggestions.

-Al (wood2woodknot)

If you have Amazon Prime ? Amazon Photo is real nice. Automatically uploads photos from phone. Stores by date ....Etc.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

I use the web storage space provided by my internet supplier.  Most traditional ISP's offer storage space along with your email account.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Second vote for Flickr
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis