Really impressed with Grizzly
Thumbs Up 
I need a shaper. Normally I will stalk craigslist but those days are over as I don't have the time and luxury to spend time waiting. The two times I have bought a new machine in the past, has always been a cluster taking delivery, both time I ended up picking it up at the terminal and waiting till they were ready to find it (more than an hour in both cases)

So I ordered on from Grizzly early Monday morning, with liftgate delivery, with the assumption I would get a call and a delivery schedule sometime late next week or after the 1st. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see it shipped Monday afternoon. Tuesday morning I get a call from UPS freight wanting to schedule deliver either Thurs or Friday 
Eek

Thats a super fast turnaround before a holiday. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

That's the same as when I bought my bandsaw 2 years ago.  It shipped the same day I placed the order and I had it in 2 or 3 days.  UPS liftgate service was great, too.  The driver even agreed to leave it on his lift jack and helped drag it up the driveway to my garage, 120 ft away.  

As long as what you want is in stock Grizzly appears to be very efficient.  

John
It's been close to 10 years since I got my G0452 jointer...back then it was only about $350 before shipping. It was almost my only Christmas present (and I helped my parents out a bit with the price), but it was well worth it! In that time, I've only had to do basic maintenance (changing and setting the knives and tables, cleaning, dusting, and re-waxing the tables and fence) as well as have the plug repaired a couple times and replacing the belt once. Still in great shape! They don't actually make this exact jointer anymore as it only comes with the spiral carbide head on it (G0452Z). My only issue is that it's only a 6" machine...I'd like to get an 8" at some point, which will probably be another Grizzly! Still, it's served its purpose more than well enough and if the person (or people) I end up selling it to when I upgrade is/are just (a) hobbyist(s) and treat(s) it well, I'm sure it'll have at least a decade or two more on it before any major work will have to be done!

Don't remember much about the shipping, but I don't recall having any issues with it at all.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
I've had 2 machines shipped from griz, several years back.
I think griz must have a delivery contract with UPS.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-20-2018, 12:15 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I've had 2 machines shipped from griz, several years back.
I think griz must have a delivery contract with UPS.

Better than common carrier, I would think.  Lift truck forks right through your load, lost loads, nobody knows nothin'.  Well, at least that's my experience with LTL trucking companies.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Griz DC and jointer, both delivered by Saia Motor Freight Line with lift gate service---great service and zero damage.