Post the Pictures of what your Secret Sanda sent
Since I made the post I will start.
Yes
Big Grin
Big Grin

All I can say is WOW and I love them and some are hand made which I WILL copy and make them for the others.

First up is the carving tools and the 4 books which I am thrilled about and also looks like a few blocks of wood to start with to.

[attachment=15230]

[attachment=15232]

More on next post
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Marking gauge make from Mahogany and Black Walnut with two pins and threaded head and wooden screw.

Windage Sticks hand make and really look great but do not know the wood type and one has two woods in it.
Now is the inside measuring sticks several sizes with a really cool Petcock and Copper fittings and it works great.

[attachment=15234]

[attachment=15235]
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I couldn't BELIEVE the thoughtfulness of my SS!!  
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/wMx...LV-OmpjdHY
what HAUL!  Fantastic 2" fishtail gouge for my bowl making, A Disston sawset like I've never seen before....and it WORKS great on standard handsaws, a Check Edge marker which I really needed (gave my favorite away), Starrett caliper, Sweetheart measuring tape...the limited edition Stanley that just came out (been wanting one since first time I saw it!  Full set of Rifflers! A pristine Yankee Driver....cleanest & smoothest I've ever had! 4 beautiful sticks of ebony which will make dozens of pins for my chair slats!! plus other decorative inlay.
THANK You, Randy!  This gift warms my heart more than I can express. Even as a kid, I don't remember getting so many things I wanted and was not expecting. Please have a wonderful holiday knowing you caused mine to be put in the record book!

Don

I wish I could post from my iMac but always get the error message that the photo is too big.
Thank you Secret Santa!

With a beautiful Chestnut Tools veneer saw, a bag of hide glue, and a book for inspiration, it may be time to think about trying my hand at building some fancy furniture.

[Image: 46460233821_ec45bbc012_b.jpg]
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Don

I love the stuff you got and it looks like you are set to make a lot of different things in the coming year/s.
Yes

Bob

The saw looks pretty neat.  Is it mostly used for veneer or inlay or?   Also the best gift to me is Books and DVDs.  By the title of the book and the pic on the front page it looks to be for making chairs.  Let me know how you like it and what it is all about. 
Yes
Yes

I would like to know more about making chairs and how to add the legs and support rungs.

Last I have never made my own Shellac from flakes. Is it better to make your own to get the thickness you want and does it work better?

(12-25-2018, 03:03 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Last I have never made my own Shellac from flakes.  Is it better to make your own to get the thickness you want and does it work better?

Arlin:  Here's a mixing chart. Easy task.  Get some mason jars to mix just the amount you need; regular DN Alcohol will work just fine.

https://www.shellac.net/PoundCutChart.html
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Bob Page sent me a lovely skew back, thumbhole ripsaw! 

[Image: 46461864471_c187215786.jpg]

It's a beauty, for sure! 

[Image: 32589126588_522d3fbafe.jpg]

It tracks dead-straight and cuts smoothly.  I know because I hadn't quite finished making my last Christmas gift by the time Christmas morning rolled around, so since I had to rip down a couple small pieces anyway, I gave the saw a test drive.  And yes, I used the thumbhole feature for overhand cutting.  

This saw will have an honored place in my arsenal for a long time to come.  Thank you, Bob, so VERY much! 

Merry Christmas, folks!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
Thank you, Santa! I am blown away by your generosity. And your perfect choices.

Card scrapers. The curved one is timely. I'll use it on the challenging project I am working on right now. The rectangular one is thicker than any scraper I've used before -- should be great for figured woods!

[Image: i-J3QPF5D-M.jpg]

Next, this fantastic marking knife. With a leather sheath. Really, really nice.

[Image: i-b6LMvFF-M.jpg]
[Image: i-gmRmWzQ-M.jpg]

Finally, a Lie-Nielsen float. Little secret -- floats are one of my favorite under-appreciated tools! I used them for all kinds of things.

[Image: i-DDnJ3jk-M.jpg]

Thank you again, and Merry Christmas.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I want to thank my secret santa, Steve Schuler. I received two beautiful handmade tools, a marking gauge and a mallet.

The gauge is made from spalted maple and pecan, and the mallet pecan. 

Thanks so much for the time and effort put into making these gifts for me.

I really appreciate it.

(12-25-2018, 06:37 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: Bob Page sent me a lovely skew back, thumbhole ripsaw! 

[Image: 46461864471_c187215786.jpg]

It's a beauty, for sure! 

[Image: 32589126588_522d3fbafe.jpg]

It tracks dead-straight and cuts smoothly.  I know because I hadn't quite finished making my last Christmas gift by the time Christmas morning rolled around, so since I had to rip down a couple small pieces anyway, I gave the saw a test drive.  And yes, I used the thumbhole feature for overhand cutting.  

This saw will have an honored place in my arsenal for a long time to come.  Thank you, Bob, so VERY much! 

Merry Christmas, folks!

THAT  is a real PRIZE.....Lucky man!!