New favorite marking gage
For Christmas, two of my presents from SWMBO, were Lee Valley marking gages. First was the gage that holds a pencil, described as problematic from the LV supplier, but mine arrived perfect, and works very well, for marking with a pencil.

The next gage was the Veritas stainess steel anniversary gage, and this, in about a twenty minute span, has eclipsed my Titemark, for most favored status. There is just so much to like about it, starting with the weight, which gives it a very stable feel. The wheels retract nicely into the head, and are sharp! The head is eccentric, and with the dual rods, presents little risk of taking a digger to the floor.

I tested a variety of lines (single, dual for mortising, some with and some across the grain, poplar and cherry), and this gage works!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I agree I just bought the non anniversary one and it is a pleasure to use.
Bruce.