Overhead drum sanders
I have an old Ryobi 16" drum sander.  It works well.. mostly.  

I'd like to get a bigger sander, that has perfected or at least improved the way the sanding belts are put on and tightened.  This one will come lose at very inopportune times and then burn the wood. 

Looking for a 22"/44", or that range, either 110v or 220v.. I have both ready for it

Any sanders people would recommend I look at?

tia.. Dave
Supermax. I just bought one  (19/38) to replace a Delta I sold quite a few years ago, and really like the features it has. It is now made in Taiwan (
Upset ) but still seems to be well built. I tried to get in before they switched to Asian manufacturer, but missed it by about 6 months.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
How do you like the system for holding the belts? Do they slip often?
Understand I haven't used mine a great deal (yet) but so far they seem to work very well. They are also a little easier to get to than the ones on my old Delta. I've only changed the belts twice, but no problems so far.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have a 37” dual drum Supermax and changing the paper is a breeze. I would of bought a new 19/38 Supermax if I hadn’t found this lightly used 37x2 machine. If you do any research among the forums, you’ll find many happy Supermax users. I think parts will be readily available for many years to come as well.

I have a 16/32 Performax and a General 25" dual drum sander. I would not buy the General again-way, way too fussy to get adjusted when changing to different brands & grits of paper. Changing the paper is not bad, but the machine is fussy-a wisker too much one way or the other, and you're screwed. I have basically resigned myself to only using paper on one drum.

I was going to go dual drum Supermax, and I now regret not doing so.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Have a 24" grizzly,dual drum, bought used for $600, had the spiral wound with clips to hold paper, drove me crazy with slipping, tearing and burning, converted to hook and loop and couldn't be happier, paper stays put in place, no tears, no burning.
would emphasize that you go slow, no more than 1/8 to 1/4 turn per pass and two passes at each setting, better results, paper never burns and lasts longer. of course your experience may vary.
Ray
there's a way to use hook and loop on the drums?
Pretty happy with the Performax 22/44. But the big Supermax dual drum would be a great choice.
Wood is good. 
Grizzly sells a hook and loop kit for there 24" dual drum sander. I converted mine several years ago. Very happy with it. I use string packaging tape to hold down the ends of the sand paper, so I loose about 1" of the width.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor