Mobile Bases
I'm re-assembling my 16" Walker Turner bandsaw after a refurbishment. This saw weighs 500 lbs.+; lots of cast iron so it's pretty heavy. Thinking about picking up this one from Shopfox. The footprint needed is approximately 12 1/2" x 24 1/2". This model is a little large footprint-wise but supports up to 700 lbs. according to the specs.

Looking for recommendations, suggestions and comments, please.

Thanks,

Doug
I have to move my 12" Grizzly planer every once in awhile. I use a HF pallet jack. I use the pallet jack for moving tool boxes, work bench, Welding table. I have built several mobile bases for other machines. Most " store bought " mobile are too tippy if the machine is the least top heavy.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
I have that Shop Fox mobile base under my 600# cabinet saw. While I don't move the saw around all that much, when I do it moves the saw easily and locks down solidly when needed to. I have read some complain that the wheels have been an issue I haven't had any issues with mine.
I have one of the shop fox under my grizzle 8” jointer. It’s worked fine for 12 years. This year I put the new Grizzly bear crawl under these 17” band saw. I like it much better. I like the flip wheels instead of the screw down locks
Gary
I bought three of those bases back in 2006. Every wheel crumbled into pieces after a couple years. I couldn't find any replacement wheels except through Grizzly.

Have the wheels gotten better? BTW, my HTC and Delta bases never had a wheel come apart.
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
(12-29-2018, 11:07 AM)garmar60 Wrote: I have one of the shop fox under my grizzle 8” jointer. It’s worked fine for 12 years.  This year I put the new Grizzly bear crawl under these 17” band saw. I like it much better. I like the flip wheels instead of the screw down locks
Gary

Thanks for the tip (hadn't even thought about Grizzly for a mobile base). It is on sale and I ordered one today - looks like a very nice unit with great reviews; we'll see.

Doug