Drawer Slides
Hard to describe.

The bit "drawers" are actually just 5 5/8" x 19" boards, 3/4". The fronts/faces are only attached at the end[grain] of the boards. Was planning to use Kreg screws or biscuits and glue to attach them, but i don't have access to the part of the cabinet they sit in and the face spacing is very, very close. So, the alignment and attachment is darn near impossible. Guess I should have thought that through a bit better.

Like I said, it's kind of hard to describe, which is why I was going to see about taking some pictures for clarity.
IMO there is nothing new about NK slides.  They are just a way of making the running surface of the drawer wider.   I've made a lot of solid wood drawers without them and never had an issue.  I've also seen antique desks and dressers 100's of years old with minimal wear.

The other disadvantage with a hardware-less drawer is no full extension, and the necessity of kickers to prevent tipping.

But they have their usefulness with minimalistic or low cost situations that preclude drawer slide hardware.
I had a "eureka" moment and figured out how to mount the faces to the bit drawers.

Also completed the NK-style drawer slides and bottoms. I think I like them (new to me), but we'll see how they work with the drawers filled with whatnots.

All in all, a good day in the shoppe.

Thanks again for all the assistance and ideas.