Kitchen remodel progress
I haven't updated in a while, not getting much done but today I'm sanding the last of the sheetrock and hope to get primer on the walls and ceiling where I put new sheetrock in before the end of the day. Most of the sheetrock in the area was replaced because of relocating plumbing and wiring and where all the ceiling bulkheads were from the old kitchen. The walls were rough from years of bad paintwork so I skim coated mud on all the remaining sheetrock after knocking down the worst of it with 80grit. To skim coat, I add a little water to the joint compound. This way the old sheetrock will look new(er). Painting over bad paint work always looks worse. We want this to look new. I did this on all the old sheetrock while remodeling upstairs and it makes a big difference. I'll sand the skim coat with 180 grit prior to priming. I had to relocate a return duct and it's in the bulkhead you see on the left. There's also a supply duct in the same bulkhead connected to the supply duct in the ceiling bulkhead you see on the left. I had to box in some of the ceiling bulkhead where the pantry was removed The fridge will be on this side of the bulkhead where the old pantry was. 

The hanging lamp in the new kitchen will be moved to the new dining area and replaced with something else, not sure what yet. The hanging "bulb" will be moved over the new dining area. I've installed 11 "canless" recessed LEDs in the ceiling. In the past, I've used cans with LED retrofit kits. These are so much easier and allow for installation closer to joists if needed. Here's a link to the "canless" recessed LEDs. Link

During this whole process, we'e been able to keep a working kitchen.
[Image: w9ufnJ2.jpg]

[Image: 1qRIcHv.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I really like the flow of the new kitchen lay out and the openness.
Looking great!

Looks great. Only thing I don;t like is the chandelier. Every kitchen with them I have been in it's just in the way unless the ceilings are very high and the lights are above sight lines usually over 6'.

I did our kitchen with Ikea boxes and I built the drawers and fronts from Cherry. Next time I won't do that just isn't worth the extra work to build them myself however I really like the Ikea wall cabinet rail system and I don't like face frame cabs because of the massive loss of space. 

What software are you using. Looks like Chief Architect. I have a really really old version that I still use(x2).
(03-10-2019, 02:59 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: Looks great. Only thing I don;t like is the chandelier. Every kitchen with them I have been in it's just in the way unless the ceilings are very high and the lights are above sight lines usually over 6'.

I did our kitchen with Ikea boxes and I built the drawers and fronts from Cherry. Next time I won't do that just isn't worth the extra work to build them myself however I really like the Ikea wall cabinet rail system and I don't like face frame cabs because of the massive loss of space. 

What software are you using. Looks like Chief Architect. I have a really really old version that I still use(x2).

The chandelier will move to the new dining area when I paint the ceiling. Only want to do it once. Yes, Chief Architect software.

I built our cabinets in the old house, while the quality was better, I'll still never do that again.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Snipe?

Any chance you can inset the fridge a bit?  You know, so that it'll look like a cabinet-depth fridge.

We got a cab-depth fridge and it's the 1st thing I notice when I go into other peoples' kitchens.
Dumber than I appear
(03-11-2019, 02:59 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Snipe?

Any chance you can inset the fridge a bit?  You know, so that it'll look like a cabinet-depth fridge.

We got a cab-depth fridge and it's the 1st thing I notice when I go into other peoples' kitchens.

Just don't use a sub zero... My parents had one. It was in the house when they bought it in 89 and died last year. Lots of cabinet modifying to put in a cabinet depth from other suppliers.

The new one has way more room inside than the sub zero did as well as being a fraction of the cost of a new sub zero. But the efficiency tag was still on the door behind the wood panel and it was more efficient than many of the fridges on the market today.... I should have kept that tag.
We decreased on frig size the last one we bought. Had a double door 36, one side freezer and the other side frig.
We gave that one away (needed color change) and went with a standard, no frills (ice maker only) 32" frig and have more frig room than the previous 36" double door. Way smaller freezer area, but no problem as we have a big freezer.
It sure blended in with the cabs better than the 36"
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-11-2019, 02:59 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Snipe?

Like this?

Wink 
[Image: aLCJdat.jpg]

... Kizar Sosay

tried following this but your pictures load too slow for me so will just as questions. Where did you get the cabinets and what grade are they??  Do you like them as far as quality??  What did you use on the floor and did you install yourself. Did you lay floor under the cabinets or up to them?? Did you install the cabinets yourself?? Are you doing all the work yourself??  Thanks Need to do this myself but my kitchen is not a large.
John T.