Cute design; crude workmanship, $5,200.00
(01-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Cooler Wrote: I could see it as an amusing sideboard table in an informal farmhouse inspired home.  But much smaller (counter height--about 2/3 size) and for $300.00.  And perhaps a bit better workmanship.

It has the appearance of having been made by a wooden crate manufacturer.  Perhaps a bit better workmanship and paint. Something to match my couch.
Big Grin
[Image: 12.jpg]

Boy thats hard on the eyes.
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Not as hard as zooming in on the images provided on Seletti’s website for the originally linked product.

The OP called it crude workmanship but I don’t see any workmanship—just crude work.

Odd because the other work on their website doesn’t fall to this low point.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(01-02-2019, 03:10 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I'll bet the next one they sell is the first.  

The tail must cost extra. 

John

I read this and broke up. Humor seems to work in the face of despicable. Despicable being the price, mostly.

Thanks, John.
hb
That pile of scrap speaks volumes. We look at the prices and need to confirm we have a pulse, and are living in reality. I usually kiss those outfits off as predators. [Wayfair is almost a no-name to me; do they have physical stores?] But this is the norm, now. The brick and mortar doors open to nearly every item having a sale tag at half of original mfr. mark; obviously a stupid gouge. Go to the web store and everything is completely reversed. The sale price is the mfr's. gouge, and the normal listed prices are ones several percentages into Lala land. 

They snag the "bargain" shopper [my wife] all the time. 

I recall a national news series questioning tagged bargains at national chain stores that never had an original price. We could send the kindergarten wood project into CBS and suggest a story about insane price gouging. I am sure they would go talk to the pharma industry instead.
The economics are interesting. The make probably has less than $100 in it; if he gats 50% of the selling price, that's an awesome rate of return. How many of these dow one have to sell in a year to outfit a whole new shop?
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
(01-02-2019, 03:10 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I'll bet the next one they sell is the first.  

The tail must cost extra. 

John

Actually, at the manufacturer's site the tail is shown.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.