New Project, just a desk...
Stain has been brushed on....small section at a time, then set the brush aside, and wipe things down with a rag.   Then the next section was done....areas that won't show, will not get stained.   Sooo, a PIP? 
Winkgrin 

All closed up....waiting on a coat of clear gloss poly..
Cool 

Camera and the lights aren't playing nice, together....camera might be set up for the T-8s over the bench....and not the normal bulbs...this isn't this red..

A look inside.   I could use a better camera person....needs a better done photo shoot...

Will try to get the varnish on, later today....anyone good with a camera?
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-24-2019, 12:30 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Stain has been brushed on....small section at a time, then set the brush aside, and wipe things down with a rag.   Then the next section was done....areas that won't show, will not get stained.   Sooo, a PIP? 
Winkgrin 

All closed up....waiting on a coat of clear gloss poly..
Cool 

Camera and the lights aren't playing nice, together....camera might be set up for the T-8s over the bench....and not the normal bulbs...this isn't this red..

A look inside.   I could use a better camera person....needs a better done photo shoot...

Will try to get the varnish on, later today....anyone good with a camera?

I really like it a lot.  I need to build some upper cabinets and want to put some drawers under the cabinet doors for tools and will do this year to, well hopefully.
Smirk

I did notice and it is probably my eyes that the two top pieces did not match really well where they come together.  Where their were highs and lows along the ridge.  Is it just me looking wrong or is it part of the how you made it?  If you planned it what were you doing?

Thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
They each had a slight curve to their edge....was unable to plane it out.   Not real worried about it....may close up on it's own down the road....Was happy I got the meeting angles correct.   May try to add the varnish...after supper is over...
(01-24-2019, 05:22 PM)bandit571 Wrote: They each had a slight curve to their edge....was unable to plane it out.   Not real worried about it....may close up on it's own down the road....Was happy I got the meeting angles correct.   May try to add the varnish...after supper is over...

Ah, wax in the joint...be all right.
Varnish dry, desk is out of the shop....
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin 

Somehow, that book just seemed to fit in with this desk
Cool  

Pencils fit
Winkgrin

Really not much of any place in the house to do a photo shoot...and going outside is....out..
Rolleyes   

Trying a few "Close-ups"....
Cool 

Now comes the fun part, a vacation from the shop, while I  look around for another project idea...need to clean the shop up, too
Thanks for following along.

Cool  ....................
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-24-2019, 05:22 PM)bandit571 Wrote: They each had a slight curve to their edge....was unable to plane it out.   Not real worried about it....may close up on it's own down the road....Was happy I got the meeting angles correct.   May try to add the varnish...after supper is over...

You continue my education
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Desk has been delivered....reaction?
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin Seems she likes her new desk.  
Cool 

So....time to start looking around for the next project.....
Rolleyes

Will start a new thread, when one does start up...IF anyone wants to read along..
Winkgrin
Of course we do. Silly boy.

Good Job on that desk.

Happy customers are the best reward.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me