New Project, just a desk...
Sleep well.
Awaiting tomorrow's report.....
Ag
Smile
3 hours or so of shop time....started about the same time as the Ravens/ Chargers 4th quarter did...ended just after 7pm....
Set up the router, as I don't have a cove cutter for the Stanley 45...legs get two coves..

So did the stretchers...

But the aprons only get a single one

Had to set up on the tablesaw, to hold the parts...bench was still a bit full

As I had 4 more mortises to chop.   These are for the long aprons to fit into.   Once the mortises were done, and a test fit, to make sure I had the right end of the right apron
Rolleyes 

I could glue and clamp one end..

And work on the other end...had to "adjust" things during the glue ups....to get things into square...and both feet on the floor at the same time
Rolleyes  Finally, long clamps to do a dry fit of the long aprons....needed that the size the foot rest parts for length...
Cool  

Something like this?   Watch out for the bottom clamp....
Winkgrin  Decided to cut the corner blocks, and get them ready for the full glue-up...had a couple pine scraps...
Rolleyes 

I cut one 45 end, then mark the other end of the first block,, then use it to mark out the other three.   Then drilled the mounting holes, and then countersinks,,stashed these aside until needed..

There was a problem
Uhoh  with the two 1 x 2s for the foot rest....neither had square ends, and by the time they did...they were too short for anything but counter-bored screws to install them
Upset   Was the other reason for the long apron dry fit...to get the length marked on these..

Hmmmm, not a straight edge between them
Upset we have ways
Winkgrin 
Stay tuned...
Cool
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
ok, how to deal with something like this
Upset  

First, I cleared off the bench, was done chopping mortises, anyway.   Got the dogs set up, and the jointer warmed up...
Winkgrin 

Goal here was to get one edge on both boards jointed straight....Stanley No. 6c, Type 10 was a bit easier to push around, than the 7s...

Then, take one over to the tablesaw, find the skinniest spot along the length...2-1/8"....set the fence for 2" width 

And run both boards through..

Will joint the sawn edge in a little bit, had a second problem..
Upset 

Ok, we can fix that...on the bench..
Cool 

#6c got the worse planed down, the #11 cleaned things up on all the faces.  Then I jointed the sawn edge...and set these over on the dry fit

I had moved the assembly out of the way....had a LOT of clean up to do
No  

Rest of the shavings already had hit the floor.    THAT was the Cardio Workout for today....
needed to stash the router bits out of the way, as well ( real expensive ones, too
Rolleyes

Along with the high tech router lift....

5/32" allen wrench through the base...raises and lowers the depth settings..the easy way
Cool 

Will see what Monday brings...stay tuned
Winkgrin
. .............................
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yeah, yeah, Monday...shop was closed
Rolleyes   had to go to the basement to get 1/2 of the clothes out of the washer, and start them in the dryer....figured I could spread a little bit of glue, while I was down there
Rolleyes   Brought along a special drill/driver...

Called a Hammerhead....drives screws, and hammers them tight...or..set it for just HAMMER.   Removed a couple clamps, added glue to the tenons, added the pipe clamps back on. 

Got both long aprons clamped up, glue wiped up
Rolleyes  and then the glue and screw corner blocks were installed..

Was supposed to help square things up....checked the diagonals...1/8" out...we have ways..
Winkgrin  

Pulled things into square...thought about cleaning the shop up...

But, figured this could wait until morning....
Uhoh 

Will see how Tuesday goes...stay tuned
Winkgrin
Boss needs to run some errands today, first.    Then maybe some shop time?
Confused

Corner blocks:   I only use 2 screws per block,,avoids splitting things....IF the legs were splayed (usual 5 degrees)  I cut the 45s at the same bevel (compound miter?) so the blocks will sit level...I cut a slotted hole to attach a top with a washer and a screw.   Slots allow the top to move with the humidity changes. 
Cool

Will get the lumber inventory today....may or may not be a panel glued up...
Rolleyes

Need to add the foot rest stretchers, first...and get the legs the same length....

Stay tuned...film @ 2300 hrs...
Winkgrin
Ok, it is after 2300 local time...I suppose I should post a few pictures
Confused    Just back home from getting Mom settled back into to her room at Campbell House....after she had a trip to the ER tonight....getting close to Hospice time....
Sad

Ok clamps came off today, drilled a few holes..

two counter-bores first, switch drills, two pilot holes next.   Glue and a pair of 1-1/8" screws.  flip around, come in 9" from the "front" leg, and 5" from the back leg...install the foot rests

While the pilot drill was handy....drilled a slotted hole in each corner block..

Set this aside...had measurements to get....like the length of the front and rear frame parts, and the short parts on the ends.   Cross cut a plank,  joint an edge..

Measure in from each edge, to get the center....set up the rip fence to cut right down the center....= 2 longs, and 2 shorts.  Then set up the miter gauge to 45 degrees..we have angles to cut..
Winkgrin

Reset the fence to do the tongues on the short pieces....and the height of the blade....then reset again, and mill a groove on the long pieces..

Took a few tries to get it right....needed a chisel to clean the groove out..
Winkgrin 

First test fit showed I needed to trim a bit...

To get a decent dry fit
Cool  

Got the other corners fitted...then a bunch of clamps and glue...
Cool  

Let this sit a spell....depending on how Mom is doing, tomorrow....I may start on the "desk" section....need to buy a plywood panel, to fit inside this frame...may route a rebate to house it.   We'll see how things go...
Rolleyes

Stay tuned  
Winkgrin
Nap in the chair, today...fighting a bad cold
No ,  waiting on word about how Mom is doing....and not allowed near her, with this cold.,,Talk is about starting Hospice...
Sad

Anyway...finally meandered to the shop, for a little bit....removed those clamps.    Slotted holes missed the mark... drilled 8 counter-bored screw holes, instead....3 along the front, 3 along the back, and a single  one on each end....centered the frame as best as I could....added the screws.   Then milled 8 or so tapered Ash plugs, and installed them...then trimmed those flush....hide-a-plug?
Rolleyes

Oh, the plugs are there..
Cool 

See one, yet?
Confused   

I was going to plug a couple gaps...
Rolleyes 

Decided to wait until the coves were cut...

And see how they look.   what would be a name for this sort of miter joint?
Confused 
Dug around, found one chunk I could use fro the front of the desk unit...

Needs trimmed for length, and that S4S stuff.    Rest of the lumber needs to get to the shop...need a lid glued up, sides milled...and we'll see what I can do about the insides

Desk unit corners will be through dovetails....need to route a rebate around the inside of the frame, to house a plywood panel....that I still need to buy, and some hinges...

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
Happily following along......Mend the cold. Monitor Mom.
Work will be there tomorrow.

But, you know that.
Something to take my mind off of things..
Rolleyes ..hauled one board to the shop...wanted to cut the three sides to the desk...issues with the mitre gauge not playing nice with a square.
Upset ..Trimmed the "front" piece for length...use that to mark the back piece....

Both are still a bit "rough".   used these two to get the length of the end parts...Will have a "top shelf" about 4" wide, or so...marked that, then marked the end to match the 2" high front.....connect the two spots with a straight edge, bandsaw the angle..

And use this as a pattern for the other end..
Cool  

All parts needed to be S4S...grrr...planes and beltsander work....sand them close, clean up with either a #3c plane or..

This #6c....which was starting to get a bit heavy...Stashed the "finished" parts..
Cool 

Depending on how things go, today...I might start on the through dovetails...maybe
Confused 

Stay tuned..
Winkgrin