145T to 56 frame adapter?
I'm hunting for an adapter that will allow me to mount a 145T frame where a 56 frame originally sat but cannot find anything. Maybe my search is off?

Can anybody help?
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-03-2019, 07:53 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'm hunting for an adapter that will allow me to mount a 145T frame where a 56 frame originally sat but cannot find anything.   Maybe my search is off?

Can anybody help?

OWWM is probably the place to find that type info
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

https://www.ebay.com/i/222277854498?chn=ps
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I used to have an old Powermatic Jointer, with a frame 56 motor, and found a more powerful motor with a frame that looks similar to a 145 T and just took a piece of 3/4 ply and drilled holes so I could mount it to the face of the motor, then built onto the ply to make a base similar to the 56 and it worked fine.  You may have to rout out some of the 3/4 ply to get enough stick out on the shaft to put on your pulley.
Bob,

One of them just gave me the idea of a piece of ply with t-nuts installed. Genius.

That eBay listing is for a face frame motor, I believe. Mine have square bases.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-03-2019, 08:50 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Bob,

One of them just gave me the idea of a piece of ply with t-nuts installed.  Genius.

That eBay listing is for a face frame motor, I believe.  Mine have square bases.

One other option might be to use some 80/20 extrusions and then use either T bolts or other bolts that will fit in the slots and allow you to bolt the bases to the face of the extrusion.  This would let  you slide the motor base along the extrusion for some adjustability.  I did something like this when I put a 3hp motor in a Delta 12/14 saw many moons ago.  The mount was for a much larger motor than the 3 hp and this let me place it where it needed to be.
Hmmm.

I kinda like that idea.
Semper fi,
Brad

(01-03-2019, 09:16 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: One other option might be to use some 80/20 extrusions and then use either T bolts or other bolts that will fit in the slots and allow you to bolt the bases to the face of the extrusion.  This would let  you slide the motor base along the extrusion for some adjustability.  I did something like this when I put a 3hp motor in a Delta 12/14 saw many moons ago.  The mount was for a much larger motor than the 3 hp and this let me place it where it needed to be.

That's a good idea have one of those saws with a 7.5hp that is overkill for my needs

Phil Thien