Lie-Nielsen Workbench question
(01-04-2019, 11:31 PM)Jack01 Wrote: Today I was looking at Lie-Nielsen workbench review, pictures etc.

I noticed that the bottom stretchers are connected to legs with connector, it looks like vertical cross dowel, but not sure.
Let me know what kind of connector is this.

Here is closes up picture.

Here is the workbench

[Image: i-bQr5wL3-M.jpg]

On my LN bench, bought in 2017
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(01-06-2019, 12:07 PM)Aram Wrote: [Image: i-bQr5wL3-M.jpg]

Aram
Thanks , so it is not a Round cross Dowel but a square nut.
(01-06-2019, 12:07 PM)Aram Wrote: [Image: i-bQr5wL3-M.jpg]

It looks like you may want to loosen that square nut up a little then recenter it so the whole face of the nut is contacting wood, at least from the picture looks like just a little corner making contact.
Bruce.
(01-06-2019, 05:52 PM)stillgotten Wrote: It looks like you may want to loosen that square nut up a little then recenter it so the whole face of the nut is contacting wood, at least from the picture looks like just a little corner making contact.

Yes, it does! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(01-06-2019, 09:36 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I've not looked closely at them personally, but the Lie-Nielsen ones look like a 3/8" threaded steel plate instead of a regular nut, a good idea that gives plenty of bearing surface.

I used these from Lee Valley.They are very good:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.as...at=1,41637

Those are what I used as well. IRC I also used two dowels in each stretcher end to keep the thing from twisting.

Had my bench a number of years now and it has never needed to be tightened.