Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I'm actually thinking of doing a cad drawing of an attachment to the toe of any plane, that will have not only a magnet, but a pad to attach a piece of 80 grit sandpaper, and a fine bristle brush behind the paper to gather the grit. Shouldn't add much more than 6 or 8 inches to the front of every plane and wouldn't matter if BU or BD. Rob Lee: you out there? If you're at the next FTJ auction, we'll talk!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Hmmm...wonder what they would say about my #5-1/2 that gets a bit of use......Stanley, Type 17, No. 5-1/2....has a 2-3/8" wide iron.  YMMV
Laugh
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-07-2019, 02:47 PM)Strokes77 Wrote: Your secret is safe with us.

Yep.  All 10,000 of us and our lurkers. 
Smile
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(01-12-2019, 12:05 PM)Tony Z Wrote: I'm actually thinking of doing a cad drawing of an attachment to the toe of any plane, that will have not only a magnet, but a pad to attach a piece of 80 grit sandpaper, and a fine bristle brush behind the paper to gather the grit.  Shouldn't add much more than 6 or 8 inches to the front of every plane and wouldn't matter if BU or BD.  Rob Lee:  you out there?  If you're at the next FTJ auction, we'll talk!

Rob will put that out in April.

carl