Stupid question on hinges
(01-17-2019, 05:23 PM)Duane N Wrote: Side note....it took me an hour to start drilling the holes after laying everything out.  I kept doubting myself and was reminded of how many other projects I messed up when it was 95% completed.
Big Grin

Then don't use lacquer when it's this cold! 26* inside my shop this morning; If it wasn't 75* in there last night when I shut the lights off it would have been a lot colder.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(01-17-2019, 10:58 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Then don't use lacquer when it's this cold! 26* inside my shop this morning; If it wasn't 75* in there last night when I shut the lights off it would have been a lot colder.

Or raining/humid. Gets cloudy if you do.
(01-17-2019, 10:58 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Then don't use lacquer when it's this cold! 26* inside my shop this morning; If it wasn't 75* in there last night when I shut the lights off it would have been a lot colder.

(01-18-2019, 08:21 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Or raining/humid. Gets cloudy if you do.

I do all my wood working in a conditioned space...68 during the winter and 75 during the summer. 
Yes
I have to put a coat of furniture wax on it but the box is complete.  Thanks for the input and advice on the hinges...they worked out great.

Awesome.
Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Great job, Duane.  The hinges are well done and subtle, letting the wood and form speak for themselves.  Who's the lucky recipient?

Phil
(01-19-2019, 03:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Awesome.
Cool
Cool
Thank you.
(01-22-2019, 11:28 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Great job, Duane.  The hinges are well done and subtle, letting the wood and form speak for themselves.  Who's the lucky recipient?

Phil
For now it's staying with me.  I'm contemplating doing some craft shows this spring so the things I've build and stock piled will go to the show with me along with wildlife photography related items.
Bravo, nicely done 
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Sweet box, absolutely awesome.  Now that you built one, the rest will be a lot easier.  Crank out a dozen or so more and they will sell real quick at a show.  With your choice of wood and build technique, you took a simple box and and made it very unique.  Nice work!
Very beautiful box! What kind of spalted wood is that?