Bandsaw Blade

I'm looking for a good "general purpose" blade for the classic old Walker Turner 16" bandsaw I'm restoring, maybe 3/8" width? Have another larger bandsaw for resawing. 

Would appreciate recommendations.

Thanks,

Doug
  Re: Bandsaw Blade by Tapper (I'm looking for a go...)
Olson MVP (bimetal) or Starrett bimetal 3/8" x 4 tpi are good and last a very long time.  Lennox Diemaster 2 is another option.   

John
  Re: RE: Bandsaw Blade by jteneyck (Olson MVP (bimetal) ...)
(01-14-2019, 10:45 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Olson MVP (bimetal) or Starrett bimetal 3/8" x 4 tpi are good and last a very long time.  Lennox Diemaster 2 is another option.   

John

Thanks John. Do you buy these at Amazon or is there a vendor you like and I can afford?  Smile

Doug
I think the most commonly used blade I have is a 3/4" x 3 TPI. It's good for cutting small logs and fairly thick wet stock and rough sizing. My blades range from 1/4" up to 1-1/4" depending on the specific use. Lenox is my preferred brand.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
These folks might have what you need for just general bandsaw use!

http://www.woodcraftbands.com/
Bill
  Re: RE: Bandsaw Blade by Tapper ([quote='jteneyck' pi...)
(01-14-2019, 12:52 PM)Tapper Wrote: Thanks John. Do you buy these at Amazon or is there a vendor you like and I can afford?  Smile

Doug

I buy Lennox blades from Bandsaw Blades Direct, Olson directly from Olson, and the Starrett coils I have were gifted to me so I have no clue where to get them.  But I can tell you that of all of the them, Starrett is my favorite because it cuts well and lasts a really long time.  Olson MVP are also durable but the cut isn't as smooth.  The Diemaster 2 had the shortest life, surprisingly.   

John
  Re: RE: Bandsaw Blade by Wildwood (These folks might ha...)
(01-14-2019, 05:49 PM)Wildwood Wrote: These folks might have what you need for just general bandsaw use!

http://www.woodcraftbands.com/

Yeper.
Ag
(01-14-2019, 01:08 AM)Tapper Wrote: I'm looking for a good "general purpose" blade for the classic old Walker Turner 16" bandsaw I'm restoring, maybe 3/8" width? Have another larger bandsaw for resawing. 

Would appreciate recommendations.

Thanks,

Doug

Been quite happy with the Starrett blades I've got from Iturra for my W-T 16. FWIW - mine have been 114" for that saw, but there is some flexibility on length.