Jet Air Filter AFS-1000B electrical puzzle
I purchased this filter about 14 years ago but it probably has couple hundred hours of actual usage as I have little time for woodworking.
Recently, when I attempted to turn it on it did not start, not even a slow motor turn or noise.  When I did a quick search, I came up with the typical issues with the capacitors on the circuit board.  I replaced both the small cylindrical and the larger rectangular one.  Still no luck.  I assumed something else on the circuitboard must be bad and ordered a new circuit board.  Replaced it and still no luck.  Funny thing is, when I bypass the circuit board entirely, the filter works.  I am puzzled as to what may be wrong, with the exception of faulty replacement circuit board which I think is unlikely.

Any tips around what to try next?
Consider this a bump. I also replaced a capacitor (don't remember which one), and it still didn't work. Thought about replacing the whole board, but I'm cheap and would worry it still might not work. Mine will also work when bypassed. Probably wire it direct and install a timer for shutoff. It's on my to do list.
(01-20-2019, 05:42 PM)wrb Wrote: I purchased this filter about 14 years ago but it probably has couple hundred hours of actual usage as I have little time for woodworking.
Recently, when I attempted to turn it on it did not start, not even a slow motor turn or noise.  When I did a quick search, I came up with the typical issues with the capacitors on the circuit board.  I replaced both the small cylindrical and the larger rectangular one.  Still no luck.  I assumed something else on the circuitboard must be bad and ordered a new circuit board.  Replaced it and still no luck.  Funny thing is, when I bypass the circuit board entirely, the filter works.  I am puzzled as to what may be wrong, with the exception of faulty replacement circuit board which I think is unlikely.

Any tips around what to try next?

Have you checked the little circuit breaker below the control panel?  Looking at the online manual, it seems that you push it inward to reset it.

Mike
(01-20-2019, 10:40 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Have you checked the little circuit breaker below the control panel?  Looking at the online manual, it seems that you push it inward to reset it.

Mike

No, I have not, but I thought it is part of the circuit when the board is bypassed. So, I assumed it would not work when bypassed if the breaker or anything else was the culprit.  I will check to make sure.  Thanks for the suggestion.