Narex Chisels
I don't own any narex but many other brands so i will share my experience.  I currently have LN (A-2), Ashley Iles butt(0-2) and mortise(d-2), MHG bench and mortise(best guess HSS), Buck Brothers modern variety (who knows), Sorby Registered Mortise (unkown), Crown butt chisels (unknown), and god knows how many other new and vintage brands.

90% of the time I find myself reaching for the vintage 750s or the LN.  Handling the chisel the handle will feel small while in the store.  In reality they just feel "right" in use.  The handle doesn't overwhelm the blade, very well balanced for chopping, paring, whatever other random things I use a chisel for.

The steel doesn't matter.  Even if you were a professional WW the edge retention difference doesn't matter except in magazine test.  When it is dull, you sharpen it, end of story.  Regardless of steel I've found just running it across a strop occasionally makes a huge difference.

Buy 1 chisel, a 1/2", and USE it. Use it for 3 projects, if it doesn't feel right, try another brand. How it feels in use will matter more than any steel, and what you make with it will matter more than any chisel....

My 2c, and probably not worth that.
Semper Fi,

Barry
(02-02-2019, 01:16 AM)Barry Johnson Wrote: Buy 1 chisel, a 1/2", and USE it. Use it for 3 projects, if it doesn't feel right, try another brand. How it feels in use will matter more than any steel, and what you make with it will matter more than any chisel....

This is good advice!!
(02-02-2019, 01:16 AM)Barry Johnson Wrote: The steel doesn't matter.  Even if you were a professional WW the edge retention difference doesn't matter except in magazine test.  When it is dull, you sharpen it, end of story.  Regardless of steel I've found just running it across a strop occasionally makes a huge difference.

My 2c worth .....

This.......
Skip