Photographic Skills: Upping the Game
(01-25-2019, 11:43 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Indeed and I saw that the OP has pulled out the drawer to show some details.

In case anyone does not know, don't get rid of all the shadows. Shadow-less shots can look out of focus. I learned that from an architectural photographer when he critiqued my work.

Does anyone know a book that focuses on furniture or object photography? Most books and magazines cover landscape, portraits etc.

I don't, and this is not what you asked, but this book is indispensable.

Light Science and Magic
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Rob Millard: http://americanfederalperiod.com/photography%201.html

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(01-25-2019, 11:47 AM)Aram Wrote: I don't, and this is not what you asked, but this book is indispensable.

Light Science and Magic

Thanks for the suggestion...I will see if I can lay my hand on it. I can't agree more with this "Photographic lighting is a topic that will never go out of style, no matter how sophisticated cameras and other technology get." Some of my friends have very high-end DSLR cameras (their lenses alone cost more than my whole camera set-up!), but in my view, they spend not enough on lighting (either in money or in attention).

Edit: Found one for under $4.5, softcover, free shipping.
Simon
(01-25-2019, 12:11 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Rob Millard:  http://americanfederalperiod.com/photography%201.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks, Derek. Bookmarked!

Simon

Tried a few things...
Uhoh  

To see how they look..

And tried the close up routine..
Cool

Really not much of any place IN the house to do too much...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(01-25-2019, 02:03 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Tried a few things...

What camera are you using? Perhaps it is faulty.
Wood is good.