Cherry leg repair
(01-25-2019, 11:21 PM)iclark Wrote: repeat of the "where are you?" question.

If you are in the DC suburbs, I highly recommend Dunlap Woodcraft in Chantilly, VA. You might have to accept figured cherry, though, to get 4"x4" spindles. Is that a problem?

I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area.
Dunlap will ship some items. I know that they ship musket stock blanks and tomahawk handle blanks (based on chats with them while visiting/shopping).

If you can not find what you need here or locally, it could be worth giving them a call. Their on-site prices are very reasonable for what you get. I am not sure what shipping would be like. Last time I was there, they had lots of 3x3 spindles but their 4x4 spindle stock of mildly figured spindles seemed less than usual.

Also, it might be worth checking Woodfinder. That search site does lean towards flat work, though, and 16/4 KD cherry (or thicker if you truly need 4x4) is rare to come by.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-24-2019, 11:24 PM)rlsthelion Wrote: Where can I find a piece of cherry 4" thick and 24" long?? Places around here have minimum lengths and $100 minimum purchase. Replacing lamp table  leg.
thanks.

Also, please pardon my manners. I meant to add:
Welcome to Woodnet.

We would love to see what you turn once you find the stock.

It seems like a couple of non-turner WNers have made lumber runs to the D/FW area. One of them either recently or soon. In order to get their attention or maybe someone in the mountains of PA, you might want to post a WTB down in SnS.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-26-2019, 11:06 PM)rlsthelion Wrote: I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area.

sent you a PM
Brian
Thanks to all for the info . I tried to glue up pieces to 4" but that looked gnarly at best. This is a lamp table that provides a serious challenge for this noob. I've enjoyed the first few pieces I turned on an antique lathe weeks ago. So I wanted an education and thought this would do the trick. Thanks for all the help.