115-Volt Remote Control For Dust Collectors
I've used a remote made for outdoor x-mas lights to run my 2hp HF collector for years … no problems … never gets warm …

Someone is overthinking this ...

Flame on ,,,

Red
Life is what happens when you're not paying attention.
I use a remote purchased at Grizzly, works great.  I use my time woodworking and not doing wiring projects.  :-)
My 17 year old Lone Ranger remote control switch(110v) used to operate a 1.5 Delta dc stopped working a month ago. I'm going get another one, hopefully good for another 17 years
Smile

Arthur
(01-28-2019, 04:17 PM)TDKPE Wrote: You could always use a NEMA contactor with line voltage coil, and control it with the radio remote.  Should last about forever.  I think a Size 0 is probably about right.  Assuming the motor has its own overload protection built in.

For a while I used a control something like this with a radio remote based on a design Blackie's Boy posted at WWZ for my Jet DC-1100. This remote.

https://www.amazon.com/Woods-32555WD-Wea...te+control

Realized one day this was redundant control for the DC and now just use the Woods remote. Works fine.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(01-28-2019, 04:17 PM)TDKPE Wrote: You could always use a NEMA contactor with line voltage coil, and control it with the radio remote.  Should last about forever.  I think a Size 0 is probably about right.  Assuming the motor has its own overload protection built in.
This seems like the most durable solution to me. The remote needs only enough capacity to control the contactor, not the machine. If the remote dies replace it with another, the contactor would not need to be replaced.
Thanks for all the replies.
 I think the Lone Ranger sounds like the ticket. I may try the "I Like to Make Stuff" system.
(01-28-2019, 08:37 PM)Red Sawman Wrote: "I've used a remote made for outdoor x-mas lights to run my 2hp HF collector for years … no problems … never gets warm …"

Same here. Cheap Christmas light remote for my HF dust collector has worked great for over three years.
Woods 32555WD Weatherproof Outdoor Wireless Remote. $12 on Amazon.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(01-29-2019, 08:30 AM)digger Wrote: Thanks for all the replies.
 I think the Lone Ranger sounds like the ticket. I may try the "I Like to Make Stuff" system.

It's a piece of cake, if you need any help check back here.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Same here. been using a remote for x-mas lights for 10 years on my Penn State 1.5 hp dust collector. Only hiccup is if I don't turn off the DC switch when I'm done for the day sometimes it randomly comes on. Assuming this is due to revolving garage door codes in the neighborhood.  But it works great and has never been an issue.

Kevin
I use an X-10 outlet for mine.  It has a contactor inside, been working for a couple of decades now.