115-Volt Remote Control For Dust Collectors
(01-29-2019, 09:59 AM)fredhargis Wrote: It's a piece of cake, if you need any help check back here.

Thanks Fred !
(01-29-2019, 12:59 PM)Kmucha16 Wrote: Same here. been using a remote for x-mas lights for 10 years on my Penn State 1.5 hp dust collector. Only hiccup is if I don't turn off the DC switch when I'm done for the day sometimes it randomly comes on. Assuming this is due to revolving garage door codes in the neighborhood.  But it works great and has never been an issue.

Kevin

Could be that you have a ghost still living in your house who used to be a woodworker himself
Wink
(01-28-2019, 09:18 AM)digger Wrote: In the market for a remote control for my 1.5 Delta dust collector. Looking for some recommendations.  
Rockler, iVac, Woodtek, or ????   Do remote controls for outside lights really work in this application ?

Thanks

I'm using X10 controls thruout the shop for lighting, Oneida 3 hp 220 volt dust collector, 110 volt vacuum system. Upstairs more X10 modules controlling lights both inside and out, IR sensor by the driveway to send signal to inside, ... I've got both wired and battery remote controls, including a "key chain" remote mounted on the rip fence of the tablesaw to turn the DC on and off. The 220 volt controller is obviously a heavy-duty controller designed to handle things such as air conditioners. rated for 30 amp circuit. Remote controls are located in multiple locations in the shop. The one drawback of this system is that there is no remote control for the blast gates. X10 has both light-duty lamp modules and appliance modules designed for heavier loads.
(01-28-2019, 09:18 AM)digger Wrote: In the market for a remote control for my 1.5 Delta dust collector. Looking for some recommendations.  
Rockler, iVac, Woodtek, or ????   Do remote controls for outside lights really work in this application ?

Thanks

Made my own (many years ago) - don't think I spent more the $25 on parts
(02-02-2019, 06:53 PM)Don_M Wrote: Made my own (many years ago) - don't think I spent more the $25 on parts

What you bought for this ?

Watch this video on YouTube that explains how made a melamine ducts and gates, servos controlled by arduino card to automate dust collector and gates with or without a RF remote.

How-to on this playlist for individual video (1 to 12):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...YeuikMO9XE

Partial video for part 1 to 12 :
I got the big brother to this on for my 3hp dust collector and it really surprised me on how well it works and even when it is behind something it still turns on and off right away.  I really really like it and the price to along with the long cord.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...ote/T26673
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-16-2019, 01:48 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I got the big brother to this on for my 3hp dust collector and it really surprised me on how well it works and even when it is behind something it still turns on and off right away.  I really really like it and the price to along with the long cord.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly...ote/T26673

Thanks Arlin. Great price.