SOLD - Delta 900 RAS - Milwaukee Area - Price Reduced
I have one.
Great saw.
Perfect for a small shop.
Someone asked about CC, about 13" I think. 12 for sure.
Twice the CC if you reverse the work.
Ag
Really tempting me. Would replace my 10" sears
That's a GREAT price for a very good saw. I've got its older brother--a 1946 Red Star 40. The turret will be great when i get the bearings done (and get some 3/4" drilled blades made--not a problem on the listed saw with a 5/8" arbor). The Delta would go well in my basement--the garage is full.

I was going to ask about the motor bearings being done--but watching the quick spin-down on the video indicates they're likely in good shape.

I don't need it, and a trip to Racine & back is a full day. Keep bumping it up John, you nudge me every time.
earl
(02-14-2019, 07:56 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: Really tempting me. Would replace my 10" sears

Wouldn't be the first time you have purchased something from my shop
Smile
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
This is a great saw for an unbeatable price. My father bought one new in the 1950s. I still have it and use it all the time for crosscuts and dados. Unlike many lesser radial arm saws, it holds its settings very well. The max crosscut capacity for 4/4 lumber is about 15", depending on how you set up the fence. Here's mine:

[Image: 41523849332_b2528c98a9_c.jpg]IMG_0096 by Hank Knight, on Flickr
John,

You wore me down, PM sent.
The saw is Spoken for.  Consider it SOLD
Formerly known as John's Woodshop

Smile  
Smile  
Smile  
Smile
Smile
Smile one would do, but I gotta find at least 17 characters for this fool software.
Glad that you found a new home for the saw.
New owner will be pleased.
Ag
(02-15-2019, 02:34 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: John,

Thank you.  I didn't need it and don't have, but it was looking too good to let pass up!!  I'm sure you'll like it and definitely see a difference.  Good luck!!
earl
(02-15-2019, 02:34 PM)castguy2003 Wrote: John,

Good for you.

Just make sure the blade is zero rake angle or negative rake angle and you should be very happy.

It is mainly the people who install aggressive tablesaw blades with positive rake angles that gave RAS the bad reputation.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.