Small Rikon bandsaw
Anybody have any first hand experience with this 10" Rikon bandsaw?  Looks like it might come in handy for my away-from-home remodel... and the future smaller shop.

linky
(01-31-2019, 05:41 PM)KC Wrote: Anybody have any first hand experience with this 10" Rikon bandsaw?  Looks like it might come in handy for my away-from-home remodel... and the future smaller shop.

linky

The Rikon 10-305 bandsaw you've linked to is being replaced by the new and improved 10-306.

This video explains some of the improvements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueB4zSCr6V4

I have the Craftsman clone of the old Rikon 10-305 and have been very happy with it.  

Mike
Here is a post about the saw you are asking about that was just discussed a few days back on another forum.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?...-a-bandsaw
Thanks for the replies.  I looked at one on the shelf a couple months back and was impressed.
Just one person's bad experience, but I picked one up at Woodcraft when it was on sale. Got it home and started setting it up when I noticed the base was not stable. Turned out the back right corner of the base was nearly 1/4" off the surface - some kind of twist in it. Brought it back to Woodcraft (who looked at it and took it back with no questions) and got another, then had a problem with one of the wheels on the new one being just slightly out of round. Took that one back and walked away. The guys at Woodcraft were surprised, as they said they've had good experience with them overall, with only a few ever coming back - may just have been my bad luck.

As an aside, I have one of the early Rikon 18" bandsaws and it has been a good tool given my usage.