Joe Woodworker / Veneer Supplies.com ?
Anyone have any insight as to what's going on with Joe's site or the veneersupplies.com store? If you visit the veneersupplies site, at the top in all cap bold letters are the words "WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING ORDERS".

https://www.veneersupplies.com/

I hadn't noticed this until today and wanted to know if anyone had the scoop?

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I was just on the site about a week ago.  I hope he's o.k.

Lonnie
No idea, but it will be sad if the site is closing down.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Hope all is well with Joe and family, they are a fantastic resource.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(02-02-2019, 07:28 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Hope all is well with Joe and family, they are a fantastic resource.

g
Yes they are!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
(02-02-2019, 07:28 AM)shoottmx Wrote: Hope all is well with Joe and family, they are a fantastic resource.

g

+1
I've sent Joe an email through his business email as well as posted on his Facebook page but haven't heard anything back. He's usually very prompt to respond to such messages. I noticed that at some point last night he also disabled links to the various veneers. I'm concerned because yesterday morning he had made a Facebook post advertising the copper veneer. It seems unusual that he would make that post and then shut down his website within a few hours. I saw Joe at the Smithsonian Craft Show last spring and he had mentioned that he was thinking of closing down his business, but this seems an awfully abrupt way of doing it. I hope everything is okay with him and his family.
Uh-oh

https://www.veneersupplies.com/pages/Contact__Us.html
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
The note explains the basic truth: too many people are stupid.
Sad for Joe to have to put up with morons.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Ugh. I'm glad to hear that he's okay, but sorry he had to put up with that nonsense. I've been dealing with Joe for a decade and have always had great experience. If people think shipping costs for veneer are high they should try shipping furniture.