New Router Table
The table looks great!

Been away from the forum for a while, used to be known as Jeff B, but couldn't get the old logon to work.

I recently learned something new about router tables - adding a clean-air intake vent for the router.  Prevents the motor from sucking dust into it. Thought you might be interested.

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeff in Los Angeles
Nice work. I just [almost] completed my build of the same cabinet with a lot of modifications to the original plan (still waiting for the rear dust port fittings).

Since I had a top (two, actually), I was able to use the router/cabinet for the face frame, drawers, etc. while still building.

Great addition. Good for you!
(02-04-2019, 12:27 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: Is there a risk of vibration with the tilting top feature?  
If so, what have you done to mitigate that?

Not really. The back is secured with a long piano hinge so it does not shift.  Plus the total weight of top (two layers of MDF plus the router) makes the top pretty heavy and vibration free.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.