Shop wiring Q
Thanks for the advice. 

I found P&S Spec grade on Amazon.  In another thread, P&S was one that was mentioned (for cord ends, not receptacles).  Hubble did get more accolades though.

I want to step up from the $0.67 crapp, but I don't need one of Trump's gold plated receptacles. 

Is the P&S Spec Grade a happy medium between the Leviton  crap and the Hubbell, which is twice the price.  

Keep in mind this is a hobby shop.  The power equipment will be plugged and unplugged often (at every setup) but it still is a far cry from commercial use.

Thanks in advance for the next round of advice.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
In new construction you have to put in Tamper Resistant plugs. I thought I bought a good quality plug. I hate them, it is hard to plug into them. You can see a piece of plastic covering the slot. I think that piece of plastic makes it difficult to plug into. Also the electrical inspector said I had to put in "Arc Fault" breakers in the shop. When I had the Fein vacume hooked up to the chop saw the breaker would blow. Now always but enough to be a pain in the rear.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(02-09-2019, 02:46 PM)lift mechanic Wrote: In new construction you have to put in Tamper Resistant plugs. I thought I bought a good quality plug. I hate them, it is hard to plug into them. You can see a piece of plastic covering the slot. I think that piece of plastic makes it difficult to plug into. Also the electrical inspector said I had to put in "Arc Fault" breakers in the shop. When I had the Fein vacume hooked up to the chop saw the breaker would blow. Now always but enough to be a pain in the rear.

This is not new construction, and does not need inspected.  I did put tamper proof on the external receptacles (patio and stoop) when I replaced them.  I am adding one circuit, and doubling the number of boxed.  I.e, there is a single circuit with one gang boxes ~every 12'.  I will have double gang boxes, every 6', with two circuits in each box.  I am also adding 4 single gang boxes to the ceiling.
How about these: https://www.amazon.com/Hubbell-5362-I-In...5654&psc=1

Nylon, 20A, back- and side-wired, non-tamper proof. Box of $15 for $18.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-09-2019, 04:58 PM)TDKPE Wrote: How about these: https://www.amazon.com/Hubbell-5362-I-In...5654&psc=1

Nylon, 20A, back- and side-wired, non-tamper proof.  Box of $15 for $18.

I have only been able to find the Hubbell 10 pack in one color.  Ideally I would like light and dark (brown and ivory), but even Ivory and white would be OK. Individually packaged the price doubles. I am going to check a local electrical supply store Monday.

Edit to add, I found them at Lowes. I can pick my color, choice of three. Ivory and white will contrast enough that I can tell which is circuit 1 and which is circuit 2.
(02-09-2019, 07:50 PM)Cecil Wrote: I have only been able to find the Hubbell 10 pack in one color.  Ideally I would like light and dark (brown and ivory), but even Ivory and white would be OK.  Individually packaged the price doubles.  I am going to check a local electrical supply store Monday.

If you only need two just go to a big box and buy them.  Normally their preferred grade is marked spec grade on the device.   Roly
(02-09-2019, 08:30 PM)Roly Wrote:  If you only need two just go to a big box and buy them.  Normally their preferred grade is marked spec grade on the device.   Roly

I live in a smaller city.  Therefore the local Lowes does not have a large selection.  The only 10 pack they had was ivory.  If they had a 10 pack in white in store, I would have bought one of each.
A very lite coat of spray paint. Many colors to choose from.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
(02-10-2019, 08:04 PM)Foggy Wrote: A very lite coat of spray paint. Many colors to choose from.

Why not just all the same color and Dyno tape the circuit above each one. Make them all consistent one on one side and other opposite.
John T.
If you are installing a single duplex receptacle at each location just change the cover plate color.  Roly