DIY-Circular saw guide This is genius
DIY-Circular saw guide.

Saw guide
very cool, thanks for the link
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(02-07-2019, 10:33 AM)Jack01 Wrote: DIY-Circular saw guide.

Saw guide

Everything old is new again.  My dad saw this tip (mostly, I'll get back to that) in a WW'ing magazine back in the '80's.  The only thing different was how it was "clamped" to the piece being cut.  In his case, it was the use of tiny brads that secured the guide to the board being cut.  The holes left by the brads are so small they don't affect the appearance of the board.
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
(02-07-2019, 11:53 AM)pprobus Wrote: Everything old is new again. 

Something is new in his version: the guy used sandpaper instead of clamps. Granted, his sandpaper version doesn't deal with long rips well. Even with a Mafell or Festool tracksaw, don't expect you can rely on the non-slip strip alone for very long rips.

I still have a ripping guide (clamp version) that can handle 4 x 8s, but these days, I have the sheets cut to rough size in the home center first for ease of transport.

Simon
“Genius” is a bit of a stretch.
I do most sheet goods ripping on my Unisaw, but when breaking down sheets (I'm getting too old to manhandle 4 x 8 sheets of 3/4 ply by myself), I've used THESE for years with no sacrifice in accuracy.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-07-2019, 01:10 PM)Admiral Wrote: I do most sheet goods ripping on my Unisaw, but when breaking down sheets (I'm getting too old to manhandle 4 x 8 sheets of 3/4 ply by myself), I've used THESE for years with no sacrifice in accuracy.

Same here, have 96", 48" & 24" rip guides, been using them for decades, and with a bit of care in setting them up, good circular saw and blade, resulting cuts are excellent.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(02-07-2019, 01:10 PM)Admiral Wrote: I do most sheet goods ripping on my Unisaw, but when breaking down sheets (I'm getting too old to manhandle 4 x 8 sheets of 3/4 ply by myself), I've used THESE for years with no sacrifice in accuracy.

Yes. I have a set of those. Very handy. They don't do well with 1/4" ply, but still doable if careful.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-08-2019, 12:03 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes. I have a set of those. Very handy. They don't do well with 1/4" ply, but still doable if careful.

At least so far, I'm not that old and frail that I can't handle 1/4 ply, or even 5/8, its the 3/4 that's a killer for me.......
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-08-2019, 12:05 PM)Admiral Wrote: At least so far, I'm not that old and frail that I can't handle 1/4 ply, or even 5/8, its the 3/4 that's a killer for me.......
Laugh

Laugh
Laugh  Hear that.
I'm still lifting 3/4 ply to the table saw, but it's the PB or MDF that I can't handle anymore. I have to walk it around, prop it up, slide it in place.....
Laugh  or get help
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020