DIY-Circular saw guide This is genius
I’m a finish carpenter. These are not as fancy as a festool track saw guide but it works the same at a fraction of the cost. I’ve been making them for a long time. I use them mostly when cutting off doors. You can’t scratch the door finish with these that’s the best part.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
[Image: _f2DuGMjgJKhX3IXMwJJNzGShB1sA8ggyl31NMTk...pc0xffffff]
I turn, therefore I am!
This one works with my Saw and router:

Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Made this to get square crosscuts.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-10-2019, 10:53 AM)woodhead Wrote: [Image: _f2DuGMjgJKhX3IXMwJJNzGShB1sA8ggyl31NMTk...pc0xffffff]

This kind of ripping aid is nowhere close to a track saw system like the Makita, Festool or Mafell at all. It is not even as good as a shop-made ripping guide which allows you to know exactly where your cut will be, using the edge of the board (or the edge of the guide for the track saw system). The dust collection, anti-kickback feature for plunge cuts, and ability to rip on board of any shape, size or thickness, etc. are not something a clamp can match up to.

Simon
(02-11-2019, 12:18 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: This kind of ripping aid is nowhere close to a track saw system like the Makita, Festool or Mafell at all. It is not even as good as a shop-made ripping guide which allows you to know exactly where your cut will be, using the edge of the board (or the edge of the guide for the track saw system). The dust collection, anti-kickback feature for plunge cuts, and ability to rip on board of any shape, size or thickness, etc. are not something a clamp can match up to.

Simon

I don't think it is intended to duplicate a track saw system, just to straight rip sheet goods when breaking down for a TS.  Just measure the distance between your blade and the edge of the platten and subtract it from your measurement, mark, align and rip.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-11-2019, 04:22 PM)Admiral Wrote: I don't think it is intended to duplicate a track saw system, just to straight rip sheet goods when breaking down for a TS.  Just measure the distance between your blade and the edge of the platten and subtract it from your measurement, mark, align and rip.

I got the feeling that the calculation part was what drove the invention of the generation of track saws that require no measurements to make a cut precisely.

But the current track saws have their Achilles heels: ripping narrow strips or repetitive cuts, among other things. Anyone who follows the Festool discussions about making parallel cuts would come to know that people would need to spend several hundred dollars ($500?) on accessories to do something that is a no-brainer on the table saw.

Simon