radial arm saw
Here's what I have so far.  Don't know why it's rotated. 

John
What part is rotated?

Oh, and I’d be interested if I hadn’t only recently restored a 12” Delta to like-new condition.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(02-08-2019, 08:17 AM)chizlr40 Wrote: my friend has this what appears to be a radial arm saw. it is massive,all cast iron with  a 12" blade w/table and cabinet. it has delta rockwell tags on in and a model #mx35067  w/made in the USA It has been in the basement since they got the house from their grandpa 35 years ago. the nearest i can find is its an early60's maybe 50's saw. everything works but man this thing weighs a ton. she is just wondering what to do with it? do people really collect or buy stuff like this? or should we just haul it to the scrapyard, it really is obsolete and i am afraid finding anyone to take it yet alone buy it will be nearly impossible. any ideas? i havent figured out how to post pics so this i all i got thanks for any input

It's as if you found a 1963 Ford pick up truck in a barn, with no rust. It looks a little dusty, is not ShinyBrite, but it has a lot of use value to the right person. If you ever sent that truck to the crusher, you would be sad after you learned how much people wanted it.

I bought a saw just like this one a few years ago. With all new wires, it's now ready to go for another 60 (sixty) years. It helps if you have the right home for a saw like that. Mine is used for rough cutting lumber to length.
Looks to be a Multi-Plex. Maybe the x is the serial number mx is actually a k.
(02-09-2019, 08:15 AM)cvillewood Wrote: Looks to be a Multi-Plex. Maybe the x is the serial number mx is actually a k.

That is not a multiplex, that mx number may be the serial.  Looks like a model 30c or bigger.  It's not junk either.  I rebuilt one years ago and it's quite a saw.  If advertised in the right spot, somebody will want it.  Take some good photo's of it including all the tags and try posting it on CL for a quick sale or here on woodnet and also on owwm for a more targeted audience.

Here is mine rebuilt when I posted it o vintagemachinery's site:

[Image: DS2REZcuDytuUpoqB6XJjKs6kAUN_PNmFPYlZfXi...22-h881-no]
What's the crosscut capacity on yours?  The little cabinet underneath the one in the photo I posted suggests that one is pretty short.  If I upgrade I want one with at least 18" in front of the fence.  
John
(02-09-2019, 09:21 AM)jteneyck Wrote: What's the crosscut capacity on yours?  The little cabinet underneath the one in the photo I posted suggests that one is pretty short.  If I upgrade I want one with at least 18" in front of the fence.  
John

John
   I just measured it, its about 14" and I'm running a 10" blade.  If you want a longer cut, you might look for a model 40 or 50 or one of the older Dewalts.
(02-08-2019, 08:37 AM)fredhargis Wrote: There is a small number of woodworkers that really value an RAS and it's capabilities. Even better, that one is considered a very good saw. But given the small following and depending on where you are located...it may be a tough sale. Worse, it may not bring a big price. Advertising it in places where those interested parties would be a good approach. If you check a website called vintagemachinery.org you will find a large audience who rescues and restores old machinery (just don't ask them for a value, that is verboten). But I would think getting $150+ for it would be at least worth a shot and keep a great machine out of the scrap yard. Needles to say, a lot of this depends on the condition and whether it's a salvageable saw.

Actually OWWM.org is the web site where all the folks interested in old machines gather (Vintagemachinery houses all the information about these old machines). If John doesn't take it, you can list it in the "Classified Forums (BOYD)" section; you may have to register as a member to list it; not sure. In any event, that's definitely your audience.

Doug
I got another photo from the owner of the motor plate.  It's a model MH-3466, which is a 1 HP, 10" machine.  I haven't been able to find out what the arm length is.  

John

I informed the owner that I'm not interested. I want something in the 3 HP range and at least 18" crosscut to justify the effort to upgrade.
That's clearly an odd duck in the world of Delta Radial arm saws.  I'd guess that it was a machine made during the transition from the Multiplex style to the later 30C type.  I also suspect that it has the adjustable carriage ways that allows the operator to get new carriage tracking surfaces when the old ones wear.  Since I've never seen one that early, I can only speculate, but the 30C is, in my opinion, the best 10" radial arm saw ever made.  That platform was later changed into a strictly 12" saw and sold in the neighborhood of $1500 to $2000.00 and that later version was a cheapened version of the original.

Here's a 30C I did a while back.

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/d...px?id=2488