Idea of a Project
OK I am just trying to figure this out.

On the 6th picture down is that the front or side or back of it?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hmmmmm...I think that would be the view from inside the case.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Ok, was unable to go for a Doctor's Appointment today ( rescheduled for Monday next)so I spent a wee bit of time in the shop, had some tasks to get done..

Rebates needed cleaned up...mainly into the corners.   Needed a pattern to add a detail to the feet...
Rolleyes 

Hey, it works...
Winkgrin .

Olden days, this would have been a straight line between the two points.  
Rolleyes  

Needed the feet profiled, before the cove cutter came by..
Rolleyes 

Needed a very small cove...

As there isn't all that much room..
No 

When the rails are installed...rails were done next...
Cool 

Only the top rail get a single cove, all the others get 2 coves...all the router work was soon done, put it away. 
Needed to clean the shop a bit, was getting a bit messy..
No 

And this wasn't as bad as the other aisles were...took a short break, changed the tablesaw's blade for the new one
Cool   

Old blade was 7-1/4" on this 8" saw....new blade is 8-1/4"   Was a tight fit....
Stay tuned for part 2, of today's misadventures...
Winkgrin
Part 2.   After a "Pee Break" and hauling a plywood panel to the shop...cut out the 10 panels for the two sides...

four were 6", and 6 were 7-3/8" wide, by 13-1/3 long....slight mix up about grain direction..
Upset  finally got all done the right way...set this pile aside, laid out a front and back post, and the top rail.....and the center rail, and the bottom rail...and a clamp...helps keep things square...

square to help align the top rail...glue and a few nails to attach...had to stop here, go back upstairs, and bring down a pair of needle nose pliers, aka Finger savers...as the nails were only 1/2" long.
Rolleyes  

A mid rail, a bead of glue for the top panel to sit in...and a few nails...checking for square. Then work on down until the bottom rail is installed...with a couple clamps keeping things tight..
Cool 

But, I needed this spot, so I could assemble the other side of the case,,,set this first one down..
Rolleyes  
    Removed the other clamps, and set this aside....then repeat for the other side 

One of these posts had a slight curve to it...extra clamps were used...and those are the finger savers...all this work is done with the outside of the sides facing down,,,,working from the inside. Finally, both sides are done
Winkgrin  

Set "back to back" to see how they line up...another view?
Confused 

Not too bad?   next task ( for tomorrow?) will be to drill a bunch of pilot holes 

Two holes into each end, for the 2" long screws I use to attach these frames to the sides...soooo

Stay tuned...I have had enough fun for today
Cool
Clean bill of health from the Cardio Doc, today....decided to attach things together...have a few tools/drills..
Cool 

Used a block to layout pilot hole locations..

Something like this..
Rolleyes  

Then countersink, had to use a ratcheting brace..
Cool 

Do two holes on each end, add a bead of glue to one end...

Flush to the back, centered in the marks, add a pair of 2" screws..

Flush to the rebate at the back, so the panel for the back..

Has some support.  Keep going for all the frames ....

Making sure all the kickes are on the bottom side of the frames...Then the tricky part...have to remove this assembly from the "work table" place the other side in it's place....add a bead of glue to each frame, and lift the mess up, and line up all the marks....
Add the screws, and a few clamps to pull things together, better.....Letting this sit a while.....maybe tomorrow, I can add a back to this case, to help square it up.    Maybe work on the face frame a bit.....

Stay tuned  
Winkgrin

Attached Files Image(s)

I may be missing on a couple of cylinders, but I'm tuned...not up but in.
Big Grin

Good progress for today...Better news though from your cardiologist.
Yes Great you're on the mends.
Try to keep the wood from catching fire since you'll likely kick it up a notch.
Wink
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
(02-21-2019, 09:30 PM)Grandpa Dave Wrote: I may be missing on a couple of cylinders, but I'm tuned...not up but in.
Big Grin

Good progress for today...Better news though from your cardiologist.
Yes Great you're on the mends.
Try to keep the wood from catching fire since you'll likely kick it up a notch.
Wink

This!!!!!

Keep on keeping on.... we all love to read your progress....
Skip

(02-22-2019, 11:03 AM)Skip J. Wrote: This!!!!!

Keep on keeping on.... we all love to read your progress....

Yes we do!
Long day, today....finally got to the shop late this afternoon.....removed the clamps from the case, as I needed that tablesaw..
Rolleyes

And hauled a plywood panel to the shop...
Uhoh 

Hmmm, this will be interesting..
Rolleyes IF I cut this just right, I'll have a 1/4" x 26" x 40" panel for the back of the case, AND a strip I can cut in half for two drawer bottoms....in theory
Raised   Can't cut this on the saw...but, I can clamp it to the tablesaw and cut the panel with a vintage saw...all I need is a blue line to follow
Cool
Cool

Panel for the drawer bottoms set aside...then cut for the length 40" out of 48"....Set the case up onto the bench..barely
Rolleyes 

Bead of glue along one rebate, and about halfway out onto the webframes...fasten one edge....spin the case around, more glue spread ( also marked where the center of the webframes were)pull the case into square ( 1/8" out)and fasten that edge....then screws into the webframes..

Set this back onto the floor, marked and ripped the top rail of the face frame...made a couple extra cuts...

because these two items were a bit busy...after I had set the case back on the bench...

A bead of glue, and the top rail is installed, with a bunch of clamps...

Details of the outside of the case?

So...I think this will be about it, for one day?
Winkgrin  

Hmmm.not quite...seems the work coat AND the work apron were getting a bit.."gamey" hauled both to the washing machine...and then decided to cut and install 4 corner blocks to attach the top to.   Maybe tomorrow, I can finish the face frame? 

Stay tuned
Winkgrin
(02-20-2019, 09:44 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Hmmmmm...I think that would be the view from inside the case.

Inside the back or inside the Right/Left side??

I am now getting in my mind how to do cabinets by watching you make all of yours.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.