looking for New RO sander
I am looking for a new RO sander I have a Milwaukee right now.  Every time i use it ( sometimes only 1 hours use) i have to replace the brake pad so the sanding pad dose not spin  at a high rate of speed.   Are there any sanders out there that uses a different breaking system.  Im tired of the high price of consumables for this sander to keep running.
IMHO the best bang for your buck in a low vibration sander is the Bosch ROS65VC.  About half the price of anything else in its class.  I've been using one for about 4 or 5 years now with absolutely no issues.  

John
My preference is for the Bosch variable speed sanders. I've owned two of the 5" disc models and they work quite well.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
You probably don't need another endorsement, but I also favor the Bosch brand.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Bosch. 2 3 4 5 6 7

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I have a Rigid from Home Depot.  Inexpensive.  Impressive dust collection and on the highest setting, very agressive stock removal.

My only complaints are that the "soft start" takes so long that I wonder if it is actually on (probably approaching a full second to start).  And the disc seems to run forever after I turn it off.  I usually  use a piece of wood to stop the disc.

I would buy it again.  It has proved to be reliable and aggressive on the high setting (which I  would rarely use as it is too aggressive).  The dust collection will also attach directly to the shop vac.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
A friend of mine has a Bosch 3725 (5")and I am not impressed.  I have a Makita BO6030 (6")that I love.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(02-13-2019, 01:31 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: A friend of mine has a Bosch 3725 (5")and I am not impressed.  I have a Makita BO6030 (6")that I love.

The Bosch 3725 is a consumer grade sander, probably OK for occasional light duty use.  The Makita B06030 looks to be a significant step up; no wonder you like it better.  But the Bosch ROS65VC is another step up from there.  You can buy it with a 5" or 6" pad, or buy the kit that contains both.  I have both, but use the 6" unless the sanding media I want to use is available only in 5".   

John
another happy Bosch user i have the ROS20VSC it connects to a vac or has its own filter
i have three others but i like the Bosch the best and it is relatively inexpensive around 60 or 70 dollars or less on sale
also have a porter cable ' makita and a Hitachi
even though i paid a lot more for the makita i mostly just use the Bosch it is smooth and has good dust collection and fits my hand the best
WTF almost 24 hours in and nobody has suggested Festool??? OK I'll be the Festool snob and say go with the green. Festool ETS 150/3 for the win. LOL

Seriously, though it depends on your budget and what you are using it for. Whether dust collection is important, etc. etc. I've really gotten to like a 6" ROS over a 5" even though I own both. Most of the major brands have decent offerings on upper side of their line-ups. I know the Bosch listed above has gotten pretty solid reviews.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP