looking for New RO sander
For those with the Bosch ROS65VC, do you prefer the soft sanding pad it comes with or the rigid one you can order? Thinking about getting a 6" version now.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(02-25-2019, 01:46 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: For those with the Bosch ROS65VC, do you prefer the soft sanding pad it comes with or the rigid one you can order?  Thinking about getting a 6" version now.

I have both, but have only ever used the soft pad.  For large, flat surfaces it is likely the better choice, or if you use your sander to follow contours or feather out defects.  For face frames, however, the hard pad is likely the better option to avoid rounding over the edges.  I've noticed that starting to happen when using the soft pad and having to sand quite a bit to flush the joints.  

The pads are surprisingly cheap (but durable) so I'd buy a hard pad and then you'll have it and can decide which you like better for general use.  

John
FYI, the 6" version of the Bosch is on sale on Amazon. Mine shows up Thursday.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(02-26-2019, 12:46 AM)lincmercguy Wrote: FYI, the 6" version of the Bosch is on sale on Amazon. Mine shows up Thursday.

That was a heck of a buy at $139. 
Yes If I were in need I would have purchased it. They bumped the price back up when I checked again this morning.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(02-15-2019, 11:20 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: What did you do?

Derek have you tried the mirka adapter that connects to the ceros.

https://mirka-online.com/mpb-0065-mirka-...gJYrvD_BwE
Have you used that connector? I checked it out - reviews stated that it did not fit. It is for a 36/29mm hose and the Festool is 27mm.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Has anyone compared the Bosch 3725 side by side with the ROS65? In looking at the specs it seems the only difference is the reduced vibration (VC). Maybe there's something I'm not seeing.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-26-2019, 07:19 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Derek have you tried the mirka adapter that connects to the ceros.

https://mirka-online.com/mpb-0065-mirka-...gJYrvD_BwE

Yes.  It works great.  I had it on my ceros and now on my deros.  I'll take a pic of it later today.