Cherry Burl Bowl and Tap Handles
I did some turning over the weekend. Made a bowl for my SIL and a couple of Tap Handles for my Brother's Kegerator.

pretty, I like the satin / subtle finish on the handles. "still feel the wood"

Is that walnut for the bowl? Looks nice.

edit: I see you mentioned the species in the subject... that's a very unique looking bit of cherry! Surprising color.
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Thanks Michael. I took the pieces to the office to ship them and realized I had forgotten to take a picture so these are pretty pathetic cell phone pics. The color of the bowl looks different in person.
The bowl is gorgeous.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
That Cherry Burl bowl sure is pretty!!!  The taps are really nice and love how you did the Celtic knot in it to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's a pretty good weekend!
Yes

Love the figure in that bowl....
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks guys! I made a couple more last night/this morning. Will post pictures once I get the finish...finished.
(02-15-2019, 01:38 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: That Cherry Burl bowl sure is pretty!!!  The taps are really nice and love how you did the Celtic knot in it to.

Couldn’t had said it better myself. +1
(02-14-2019, 12:18 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I did some turning over the weekend. Made a bowl for my SIL and a couple of Tap Handles for my Brother's Kegerator.

I like the bowl, very much. Please tell us the finish details. The more detail, the better.
Applied a couple of coats of BLO, waited a week or so then applied about 10 coats of Deft gloss rattle can lacquer. Let it cure for about a week and then put it back on the lathe with my vacuum chuck and buffed it up to 12,000 grit with MicroMesh. Waxed it with Mothers Carnauba Cleaner Wax (per Gord Rock). Best high gloss finish I've put on a bowl to date. I prefer a more satin finish but the ladies seem to like the high gloss. I couldn't believe how well the Mothers wax worked!

Too bad my pictures are always so crappy, the finish as a "deep" look to it. I'm working on solving the photography issue now.

Thanks for the compliment!