Delta bandsaw nut removal
28 255 model...bought 1999. Is the nut on bottom wheel turned clockwise or counterclockwise to remove? It's not budging!
Ok...nut off..now the wheel won,t slide off shaft. Any suggestions?
Not familiar with the saw, but you might need a gear puller for that.
(02-15-2019, 08:50 AM)Bill Mains Wrote: Ok...nut off..now the wheel won,t slide off shaft. Any suggestions?

Which way did the nut come off?
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
If I recall correctly (my bandsaw is almost half a century older) it was an ordinary right hand thread, and I did use a bearing puller to take off the wheel.  Be careful to pull very straight and not damage the wheel.  I think I probably sprayed with penetrating oil, put a little force on with the puller, and let it stand, tapping every so often, and periodically tightening a very small amount.  It usually takes a while, then comes off all of a sudden.  Brute force can damage the wheel.
Nut came off counter clockwise.
Still trying to get wheel off. Don't want to damage wheel...appears to be aluminum.
(02-15-2019, 02:28 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Still trying to get wheel off. Don't want to damage wheel...appears to be aluminum.

Use a propane torch to gently heat the wheel hub, not the shaft. Aluminum has a higher expansion rate than steel and this should free it up.
Got it off. Neighbor came over, wedged 2 screw drivers behind wheel, put nut back on but not tight, n hammered shaft while pulling screw drivers outward behind wheel close to shaft. Worked great!
(02-15-2019, 05:03 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Got it off. Neighbor came over, wedged 2 screw drivers behind wheel, put nut back on but not tight, n hammered shaft while pulling screw drivers outward behind wheel close to shaft. Worked great!

Like the farmer who asked his car-chasing dog, "Now that you've caught it, what're you gonna do with it?"
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.