Rout-R-Lift 2
Sad 
Gents,
My 2 1/4 HP Triton,  table-mounted, might be due for some serious maintenance. It vibrates excessively and the
height lock lever fell off ( I found the lever and the spring but not the screw). Probably needs a shaft bearing(s).
I'm not good at such repairs...... vision issues and 80 year old fingers.

Got an e-mail from Woodcraft showing the Router-R-Lift 2 is $40 off until 2/28. Possible problem: I have a Woodhaven
top and plate which has the plate leveling devices in the middle of  the 4 sides. There is no "ledge" for the Jessem
plate to rest on. The Jessem plate appears to have the leveling set screws in the corners. I would hope the Woodhaven levelers are strong enough to support the plate, lift and eventually
a 3 1/2 HP router motor. I have a PC 690 I can use until then.

My table is 24 x 32 x 11/8 and the plate opening accommodates the Jessem plate.

Questions:
1. Anyone have the Woodhaven top, plate and levelers and
2. Will the Jessem lift work in my existing setup and
3. If you have a Rout-R Lift 2, how do you like it.

Thanks for your advice and comments,

Jerry
Jerry,
I can't answer you first two questions but I got the Rout-R Lift 2 a couple of weeks ago and love it. I also got the Jessem 3-1/4 HP router motor. Kinda hurt to spend that much money but it sure is sweet!
I have the Rout-R-Lift 2 for about a year now and love it.  I sold a very good PRL2 and like
the Jessum better.  Its very precise, easy to use, great tools.

I had a woodhaven top with the leveling devices you mention several years back,  I liked that setup
and would have no hesitation of using the Rout-R-Lift 2 with a 3 1/4 HP PC router.  Actually I think it better
than the traditional ledge.
Good luck.
(02-16-2019, 10:02 AM)Demps Wrote: I have the Rout-R-Lift 2 for about a year now and love it.  I sold a very good PRL2 and like
the Jessum better.  Its very precise, easy to use, great tools.

I had a woodhaven top with the leveling devices you mention several years back,  I liked that setup
and would have no hesitation of using the Rout-R-Lift 2 with a 3 1/4 HP PC router.  Actually I think it better
than the traditional ledge.
Good luck.
frank and Demps, thank you very much for your responses. Based on your comments I'm going with the lift. 
Just now called Woodcraft Atlanta for pickup to save shipping costs, but they have sold their available inventory
and won't get more in until Tuesday. I put one on hold.

A follow-on question: which 3 1/4 HP router motor do you, or other Woodnetters, recommend for one-wrench
bit changes? I'm anxious to get going again with more HP.

Thanks again,

Jerry
To be clear, the current Rout-r-lift won’t support 3HP router motors. For that, you will need a Mast-R-Lift.

The Rout-R-Lift only supports the smaller 3 1/2” motors like your PC690 or a PC890. It does NOT go wider for the 7518, big Milwaukee, or Jessemm motors.
(02-18-2019, 10:31 AM)loosetoe Wrote: To be clear, the current Rout-r-lift won’t support 3HP router motors.  For that, you will need a Mast-R-Lift.

The Rout-R-Lift only supports the smaller 3 1/2” motors like your PC690 or a PC890.  It does NOT go wider for the 7518, big Milwaukee, or Jessemm motors.

Oops! I didn't read the post close enough. I have the Master Lift II.
(02-18-2019, 10:31 AM)loosetoe Wrote: To be clear, the current Rout-r-lift won’t support 3HP router motors.  For that, you will need a Mast-R-Lift.

The Rout-R-Lift only supports the smaller 3 1/2” motors like your PC690 or a PC890.  It does NOT go wider for the 7518, big Milwaukee, or Jessemm motors.

loosetoe is correct.  I have the mast-r-lift 2.  My apologies for the error.
demps
Jerry,

To answer your follow up question

There are three commercially available 3hp round motors
PC7518, Milwaukee 3525 (I think that’s the number), Jessem router motor.

None of these support a single wrench bit change. All require 2 wrenches. I currently have a 7518 and the Milwaukee in different tables. The PC had some issues with the speed controller, but it continues to run. The Milwaukee has performed flawlessly for about 15 years. If buying again today I would buy the Jessem. I’m pretty sure it’s just a rebranded Milwaukee. It comes with both collets and a remote switch where the PC only comes with a 1/2. This makes it cheaper in the long run.

I also think the Kreg lift might work for you. It will take the big motors, but doesn’t have adjusters built into the plate. Since you mentioned you will need to add corner brackets, those normally have adjusters. It is also built by Jessem and is kind of between the rout-r-lift and mast-r-lift. The stantions are smaller, but it is adjustable to take the bigger motors

And the issue of not having a ledge is easy. Jessem sells these specifically for that problem. Your local woodworking store should carry them if they carry the lifts.

https://jessem.com/products/corner-levelling-pads

-Wayne
Thanks guys. I cancelled my hold on the Rout-R-Lift and called my son to order from Amazon the
Mast-R-Lift 2, the 10 insert ring kit and the Pow-R-Tek motor w/remote control box. Big bucks, but .........

Now I only have to apply the same $ amount to LOML's ( of 60 years) wish list .... a new Ipad,  an Air Fryer, a new couch and the list goes on. That's the bargain we agreed on long ago. I buy the toys I need and then fudge over a like amount to her. Works for us. :-)

Thanks again gents, you made it easy for me.

Jerry
I attempted to edit my last post to delete the word "fudge" and insert the word "f0rk " but couldn't.
Where did fudge come from? Strangely, as I attempted the edit, my original text appeared above it with
"f0rk " in it. Weird.

Jerry