Rout-R-Lift 2
The PowerTek is the Milwaukee motor with the remote added. I have the older one before the digital display. The first one lasted 10 minutes before the motor quit. One phone calls to Jessem had a new one on the way the next day. I'm guessing that was about 10 years ago and I'm still using it, as recently as last week.

Mine is in a PRL-2 . Two wrenches is not an issue.

---
See ya later,
Bill
(02-19-2019, 03:22 PM)Bill_de Wrote: The PowerTek is the Milwaukee motor with the remote added. I have the older one before the digital display.  The first one lasted 10 minutes before the motor quit. One phone calls to Jessem had a new one on the way the next day.  I'm guessing that was about 10 years ago and I'm still using it, as recently as last week.

Mine is in a PRL-2 . Two wrenches is not an issue.

---

Bill,

Like you, I am certain the older powertek motork were rebranded Milwaukees, but i have doubts on the current ones.
On page 2 of the Mast-R-Lift manual it references the case sizes of the various router motors in the router chart on the bottom right. 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2315/8...6540054625

It states the current PowerTek motors and Miwaukee motors have a different diameter. 
I actually took a micrometer to the PowerTec at my local Woodcraft because i found this hard to believe, but sure enough the case size was identical to the PC which is larger than the Milwaukee.

Maybe this time around something is different.  I'm not so sure. It is still what i would buy today. I am clearly a Jessem fan.
(02-20-2019, 09:21 AM)loosetoe Wrote: Bill,

Like you, I am certain the older powertek motork were rebranded Milwaukees, but i have doubts on the current ones.
On page 2 of the Mast-R-Lift manual it references the case sizes of the various router motors in the router chart on the bottom right. 

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2315/8...6540054625

It states the current PowerTek motors and Miwaukee motors have a different diameter. 
I actually took a micrometer to the PowerTec at my local Woodcraft because i found this hard to believe, but sure enough the case size was identical to the PC which is larger than the Milwaukee.

Maybe this time around something is different.  I'm not so sure.  It is still what i would buy today.  I am clearly a Jessem fan.

I won't disagree with anyone who saw it in person. Thanks for the correction!

--
See ya later,
Bill
Jerry sent you a pm if you want to try the master lift and the milwaukee router before you get past return periods...not sure where you are around Atlanta.
Mongo, thanks. I am ALMOST computer-illiterate and don't know how to access/activate the PM option.
Technology passed me by years ago.
Mad

I am in northeast DeKalb County just inside I285.

Thanks

Jerry
Frank, Demps and loosetoe.......... thank you all for your comments and advice. I have been unable to login for over
a week and had to send an email which was forwarded to the web dept and I got a new password. Don't know why
but the new one works.

Got my son to order, on his Amazon account, the Mast-R-Lift 2 and the Pow-R-Tek motor (3 1/4 HP) with remote
control box. Got it all installed last weekend and the plate leveled ( the Woodhaven levelers worked great) and put it through its paces.

As Jackie Gleason used to say....... "How sweet it is"
Winkgrin This combo will probably outlive me by far.

Thank you again guys,

Jerry
(02-19-2019, 03:02 PM)budglo Wrote: I attempted to edit my last post to delete the word "fudge" and insert the word "f0rk " but couldn't.
Where did fudge come from? Strangely, as I attempted the edit, my original text appeared above it with
"f0rk " in it. Weird.

Jerry

For the good of all 
Uhoh , forum software will change 4 letter words that start with 'f' and end with  'k'.
(03-16-2019, 02:54 PM)budglo Wrote: Frank, Demps and loosetoe.......... thank you all for your comments and advice. I have been unable to login for over
a week and had to send an email which was forwarded to the web dept and I got a new password. Don't know why
but the new one works.

Got my son to order, on his Amazon account, the Mast-R-Lift 2 and the Pow-R-Tek motor (3 1/4 HP) with remote
control box. Got it all installed last weekend and the plate leveled ( the Woodhaven levelers worked great) and put it through its paces.

As Jackie Gleason used to say....... "How sweet it is"
Winkgrin This combo will probably outlive me by far.

Thank you again guys,

Jerry

Glad you like it. Just a n FYI on the Row-R-Tek motor. I was using mine last week and it started acting like something was going wrong with the regulation circuit. It was running "no load" and would slow down to about 15,000 RPM like it was bogging down, then speed back up and the do it again. It was very intermittent but was acting as if the line voltage was sagging or something. I called Jessem customer support and they were great. They shipped me a new one the same day and I should have it by tomorrow. They told me to pack mine up in the box the new one came in and send it back to them. (with pre-paid shipping label).

I spoke with a lady named Patty and she couldn't have been nicer. Great customer support in my opinion!
Thanks for the FYI Frank.
I'll watch for RPM fluctuations.
I spoke with Patty when fitting the motor in the lift. Nice lady.

Jerry