What broke this time?
Was using my Delta morticing machine model 14-651 which has not seen much use over the years so nothing should be worn out and the head no longer travels up and down when using the lever.

I was half way done with 1 of 12 mortices. Arghhh!!!

Is it repairable?

Attached Files Image(s)

Check the roll pin that holds the handle to the head. That's what I broke on mine. If that's what's wrong it is metric not standard.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

(02-16-2019, 03:10 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Was using my Delta morticing machine model 14-651 which has not seen much use over the years so nothing should be worn out and the head no longer travels up and down when using the lever.

I was half way done with 1 of 12 mortices.  Arghhh!!!

Is it repairable?

I picked up one of these FREE a few years back with the same problem. A 39 cent roll pin holding the handle to the pinion shaft was all it needed.
(02-16-2019, 03:27 PM)paarker Wrote: Check the roll pin that holds the handle to the head. That's what I broke on mine. If that's what's wrong it is metric not standard.

I used a spring pin (not a solid roll pin) A standard size fit fine because they give a little.
Yeah, that's what it looks like. Not sure why it's not keyed, seems like Delta wants it to break.

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-16-2019, 04:10 PM)WoodworkerTom Wrote: Yeah, that's what it looks like.  Not sure why it's not keyed, seems like Delta wants it to break.

Yup, just like the shear pin in a snowblower it’s good to have a weak link that is cheap and easy to fix...
(02-17-2019, 02:59 PM)jlanciani Wrote: Yup, just like the shear pin in a snowblower it’s good to have a weak link that is cheap and easy to fix...

This^^^^^^^

They made it that way for a reason.

Wink
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me