Hookup On 230 Volt Fan?
(02-17-2019, 08:43 AM)Roly Wrote: I think you are correct daddo as the rectangle in the product drawing picture is the motor.   There would be a switch or relay connected to the unmarked and L terminals.  Remember that one leg of the motor will be hot at all times on our electrical system unless you use a double pole switch or relay.   From the actual picture it does appear there is a small capacitor mounted on the frame.   Roly

One more image to review.

Attached Files Image(s)

Now it all makes sense. The wire leaving is going to the motor not the power cable. Connect the 240v to the L & N terminal and the ground to the PE. I have not seen a small capacitor mounted like that. Being a 50 cycle motor it will run a little faster on 60 cycle. Roly
That line drawing was not easy to decipher.  The picture is much better for that.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Thank you very much for the help to everyone that posted. This is a pricey fan and that N had me guessing.
GARY