Bubinga
After a couple of years chasing birds with a camera I got back into my garage/shop. I had started a bedroom set and finally the night table is ready for final sanding and finish.
Any particular products recommended for Bubinga?

---
See ya later,
Bill
Well, I am far from an expert, but I will jump in, and hope someone else will join the conversation. It depends om what you want. There are lots of good oil/varnish products out there, I like Waterlox and Watco Natural in that category for ease of application. You can mix these with mineral spiritsĀ  (50/50) to make a wiping varnish. Easy to apply, but it takes more coats. There is both oil based and water based polyurethane, in both gloss and satin. Water based is clearer than oil based, and cleans up easier. The most important advice I can give is to test out your finishing schedule, or experiment with different schedules in toto on scrap of the same wood you used for the project. I hope this helps, or at least provokes more questions or comments from others.

Ed
Ed
It may not be what you want for your table, but here's one I built quite a few years ago with a bubinga center panel framed in maple. I french polished it with garnet shellac. I built this just to try out my hand at french polishing. The finish has held up very well over the ensuing years, but the bubinga has grown considerably more brown in color.

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Ed, Fred - thanks for the responses.

Nice looking panel Fred!

--
See ya later,
Bill
I prefer keeping the natural color of bubinga as much as possible, so I use lacquer. WB poly is another good choice.
Cellulose runs through my veins!