Ozone generator
#10
  
What's been your experience?


Reply
#11
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
They are harmful to the respiratory and mucus system.
The levels needed to kill bacteria- molds/odors and so on is fatal to humans.
Makes metal rust much quicker.
Low levels do little but to make you feel like your doing something.

Not good at all if you have emphysema, C.O.P.D., asthma, or other breathing or lung problems. If you have none- you'll probably get one of them.
Good only for commercial use to help eliminate rodents and odors in homes and buildings- (non occupied) during treatment.

I was ridiculed in the 90's for making claims that ozone isn't safe (Some doctors actually prescribed them) after I found it made my nostrils and throat hurt and my allergies flare. Around 2008, a report finally came out with the hazards and warnings by the FDA not to use them, however they weren't banned.
"There are no strangers- only friends I haven't met.
Reply
#12
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
(02-17-2019, 06:57 PM)barnowl Wrote: What's been your experience?

They are dangerous to your  health.
Reply
#13
Heart    Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
I hate them gives me a headache and smells bad
Reply
#14
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
I’ve used one in a car then let it air out well before getting in and it did a fairly good job of getting some rank odors out.

Duke
Reply
#15
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
Was gifted a fairly nice combo ozone generator/air filter one years ago. The filter part operates by attracting the dust on two ceramic/metal plates. Fan on the filter had 10 speeds, ozone has adjustable output.

Tried it a couple times. Hate the stink, filter half does very little.




Reply
#16
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
Good info gents.

Thank you.


Reply
#17
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
The EPA has a long-ish, and interesting article on these devices:  https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-i...r-cleaners

It is worth reading.  (The abbreviated version:  Don't buy it.)

On the otherhand, the EPA likes UV light for disinfecting surfaces:  https://cfpub.epa.gov/ncer_abstracts/ind...8/report/F

(Except for adenovirus -- common cold -- which is fairly immune to the UV bombardment.)

https://cfpub.epa.gov/ncer_abstracts/ind...8/report/F
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Reply
#18
  Re: Ozone generator by barnowl (What's been your exp...)
I was GM of a restration company before I retired. We had very large ozone machines to kill odors after a fire or water loss. We would not allow people or pets to be in the building while machines were running and for 24 hours after being removed plus airing out. As stated above small ones are useless, but I would still not have one in my home. Long term exposure to small amounts might still be harmful. Like numerous other things, what was once thought to be good has been discovered to be harmful.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)