I have a bandsaw problem
The y-shaped bracket that holds the stock guide blocks on my Delta 28-206 14" bandsaw has broken and won't hold the blocks tight anymore. E-replacementparts says this part is not available. Any ideas where I might turn to get this saw functional again?
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Have a part # or picture?
(02-18-2019, 03:40 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: The y-shaped bracket that holds the stock guide blocks on my Delta 28-206 14" bandsaw has broken and won't hold the blocks tight anymore. E-replacementparts says this part is not available.  Any ideas where I might turn to get this saw functional again?

Is it this part??

[Image: 40173944213_c105a051a7_o.jpg]
Could you substitute the Carter stabilizer? It was a major improvement to my 28-206.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Substituting a Carter product is an excellent idea!

If you don't go with Carter and can't find the Delta part, take a look at the Harbor Freight bandsaw part.  It's definitely not identical to the Delta part but might be modified to work.  If there's a store near you, you can go measure the part before purchasing.

[Image: 46224698345_839178472d_o.jpg]
(02-18-2019, 03:40 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: The y-shaped bracket that holds the stock guide blocks on my Delta 28-206 14" bandsaw has broken and won't hold the blocks tight anymore. E-replacementparts says this part is not available.  Any ideas where I might turn to get this saw functional again?

Canada?

https://www.tufftooth.com/product/replac...ck-holder/
(02-18-2019, 04:21 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Is it this part??

[Image: 40173944213_c105a051a7_o.jpg]

Yes this is the part.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
I had an import with the same style bracket that broke. Pot metal.
So I made one from various pieces of metal, brazing the pieces together.
Square tubing to hold the blocks.....etc etc
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I think Iturra carries 14" Delta parts.  You might give them a call.  You could try E-bay, too, if you haven't already.  

John
The one on my old HF looks the same.

Check the rough dimensions with mine in the drawing and see how they match.

I'm out of 6061 bar stock, but I can get it fairly quick.

If you cannot find the part anywhere I can mill  it out.

[Image: bXk8tCt.jpg][Image: XuD4bKi.jpg?1]