HF grinder nut question
Sorry about that. Yeah, the 3/4" was the wrench that fits over the nut.
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-19-2019, 03:37 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Sorry about that.  Yeah, the 3/4" was the wrench that fits over the nut.

If the 1/2"-13 only went on a couple of turns and jammed try a M12-2.0 nut.   I am betting metric.   Roly
(02-19-2019, 03:37 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Sorry about that.  Yeah, the 3/4" was the wrench that fits over the nut.

If the 1/2"-13 only went on a couple of turns and jammed try a M12-2.0 nut.   I am betting metric.  ( I know they said 1/2-13 but dont force it on)   Roly
(02-19-2019, 04:49 PM)Roly Wrote: If the 1/2"-13 only went on a couple of turns and jammed try a M12-2.0 nut.   I am betting metric.   Roly

(02-19-2019, 04:51 PM)Roly Wrote: If the 1/2"-13 only went on a couple of turns and jammed try a M12-2.0 nut.   I am betting metric.  ( I know they said 1/2-13 but dont force it on)   Roly

You can say that again.....
Laugh
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-19-2019, 05:41 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: You can say that again.....
Laugh
Winkgrin
Winkgrin

Oops, I forgot that I actually posted the first one, thought I was correcting it.  
Crazy   Roly
I hope the 1/2-13 nut will work for you.

Thought I would share my HF issue:
I have the HF 6" buffer (yard sale find, works great) and lost both nuts. (must...resist....puns...).

Turns out the right arbor nut is a 1/2-12 nut which is almost impossible to find. But thanks to a great customer service person at grizzly, even though they were discontinued,  found one. -and only one...

The other side is a
1/2-12 reverse thread which is totally impossible to find....anywhere. so even though it is a HF product, it is
not a metric thread.

was told that the 12-pitch thread is an old British standard...still found in some of the machinery 
made in factories influenced by pre-ww2 British engineering/ ....ie-Taiwan.(go figure) HF does NOT have replacements for mine.

Some old British cars used this thread pitch.

The standard 1/2-13 nuts will start but jams up just like a metric would. 
(sorry, this probably has no bearing on your issue but needed to vent)
(02-19-2019, 11:48 PM)rednoblue Wrote: I hope the 1/2-13 nut will work for you.

Thought I would share my HF issue:
I have the HF 6" buffer (yard sale find, works great) and lost both nuts. (must...resist....puns...).

Turns out the right arbor nut is a 1/2-12 nut which is almost impossible to find. But thanks to a great customer service person at grizzly, even though they were discontinued,  found one. -and only one...

The other side is a
1/2-12 reverse thread which is totally impossible to find....anywhere. so even though it is a HF product, it is
not a metric thread.

was told that the 12-pitch thread is an old British standard...still found in some of the machinery 
made in factories influenced by pre-ww2 British engineering/ ....ie-Taiwan.(go figure) HF does NOT have replacements for mine.

Some old British cars used this thread pitch.

The standard 1/2-13 nuts will start but jams up just like a metric would. 
(sorry, this probably has no bearing on your issue but needed to vent)
I think you might have the answer to what it is .  I would not have guessed that.  If neither a 1/2-13 or a M12 2.0 will fit it must be that.    Roly
(02-20-2019, 08:21 AM)Roly Wrote: I think you might have the answer to what it is .  I would not have guessed that.  If neither a 1/2-13 or a M12 2.0 will fit it must be that.    Roly

LIL.............Try counting the threads on the shaft. ...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I needed a nut for the mill and it was an odd ball size, couldn't even find a tap for it. Come to find out it's the same nut that fits an older Ford pickup front end tie rod or arm (don't remember). Had to buy both R and L threaded nuts but they were only 3 bucks.
I spent a long time searching the web. I knew somewhere on Earth it was in a box on a shelf somewhere.
Hmmm.

The tech said it's 1/2-13, but I have a 1/2-13 nut that jams. I'll try to find that metric nut and see it if it works.

If I can't find it...looks like a Rikon slow speed grinder is in the works.
Semper fi,
Brad