How To - 220 Outlet in floor?
(02-21-2019, 10:51 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: Thanks for all the replies.

Maybe I have been over thinking this. Would it be OK if I drilled a hole in the floor at the machine and just below the outlet. Just larger than the cord. Removed the plug and run the cord under the floor, support the cord at least every 48". Then put the plug back on. I think the cords are SO type and there is plenty of length. Yes it would be a pain if the machine had to be moved, but they have not moved in 2 years.

Not if you want it to pass code.   Would strongly suggest a disconnect at the machine if you do it like this.  Roly
I decided to install a male L6 30 receptical  is a box on the side of the 3 machines. Then make the existing cords into extension cords. Run the cords under the floor. The picture below is my first attempt at putting a picture in mt reply. Will it work?

[Image: 61fulo0jPOL._SX425_.jpg]
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(02-23-2019, 10:47 AM)lift mechanic Wrote: I decided to install a male L6 30 receptical  is a box on the side of the 3 machines. Then make the existing cords into extension cords. Run the cords under the floor. The picture below is my first attempt at putting a picture in mt reply. Will it work?

[Image: 61fulo0jPOL._SX425_.jpg]

Will that box be mounted in the floor or on the machine?
You said on the side of each machine, so.............
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I will mount the box on the side of the tablesaw, jointer and planer. I will drill a hole just large enough in the floor to put the cord through and put several wraps of tape on the cord to act as a strain relief for the plug. The cost for each machine will be approx. $55
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Sounds like a plan
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020