Chest of Drawers: Done! (pics inside)
Thanks for the follow-up.  I've never seen a drawer built that way.  Not very elegant but the construction was straight forward and it sure looks solid.  I've never been a fan of Polycrylic but it looks great on your piece, as good as anything else.  

Again, well done!  

John
What???

You didn't DT the drawers????  On all 4 sides?????

No
Dumber than I appear
(02-20-2019, 01:36 PM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: What???

You didn't DT the drawers????  On all 4 sides?????

No

Nah, sorry. I can always rebuild the drawer boxes in the future with dovetails, though. I've even seen David Marks do different joints than dovetails on drawers once in a blue moon, so it's nothing to be ashamed of. 

And John, was it a specific detail about the drawers that was different than you're used to seeing or is it more the entire construction?
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
(02-20-2019, 06:35 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: Nah, sorry. I can always rebuild the drawer boxes in the future with dovetails, though. I've even seen David Marks do different joints than dovetails on drawers once in a blue moon, so it's nothing to be ashamed of. 

And John, was it a specific detail about the drawers that was different than you're used to seeing or is it more the entire construction?

Your side to front/back joints are 90° to the normal construction.  Sides usually run full length and the front and back are dadoed into them, flush with the end of the sides at the front.  That construction resists the forces trying to pull the joints apart when you pull the drawer open.  The way you have it doesn't. Can't say I've ever seen the side of the drawers padded out with a strip of wood either.  But there's no wrong or right, just convention, and I've broken convention many times without remorse.

John
(02-20-2019, 07:53 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Your side to front/back joints are 90° to the normal construction.  Sides usually run full length and the front and back are dadoed into them, flush with the end of the sides at the front.  That construction resists the forces trying to pull the joints apart when you pull the drawer open.  The way you have it doesn't. Can't say I've ever seen the side of the drawers padded out with a strip of wood either.  But there's no wrong or right, just convention, and I've broken convention many times without remorse.

John

Oh, I see what you mean...I should have put the dadoes in the sides and had the backs and fronts sit in those. Aw well. I can still always re-do the boxes at some point.
Near future projects:

(02-20-2019, 09:42 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: Oh, I see what you mean...I should have put the dadoes in the sides and had the backs and fronts sit in those. Aw well. I can still always re-do the boxes at some point.

Yes.  Look up lock rabbet joint for how to cut these joints with just your TS or router table.  . 

John
(02-20-2019, 10:09 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Yes.  Look up lock rabbet joint for how to cut these joints with just your TS or router table.  . 

John

Will do in the future, thanks!
Yes
Near future projects:

Wonderful work!!!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice choice of materials and finish.
I the look of the brass knobs.
Looks real good ! Finish is top notch. Had to put on my sunrays.
Yes

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.